1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northway plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Banksy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There is an F250 for sale, '87-'91, it has a Northway plow on it (blue blade). This plow looks just like a Western, mounts and everything. Are these plows any good? The truck is a lighter duty F250, I mean it has the non full floating axle, small front hubs and is a 5 speed. The mom and pop dealer wants in the $6000 range. It was a landscaping truck and had a gooseneck trailer ball welded in and the paint it gone, but the body is just about dentless. I think $6000 range is to high, whats this worth?
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I tried posting this twice before, but it would not submit. If this post is hiding somewhere on the site, I am sorry ahead of time.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I am sorry for the third post, but I meant NorthMAN, not Northway. I am going on 16 straight hours of work and I am not all there. Thanks guys.
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I was in the police car one night just driving through a lot on my way to DD's and happen to see it. It has the 87-91 body style. Don't know what motor. I called the dealer when it opened later and he did not know squat about it. It needs a windshield and it has a bunch of oil leaks and he said he was going to get it into the shop before he puts it out for sale. Thanks for the reply.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Be ware of old plow trucks! They can be a real money pit to get back in shape! That's why My truck has the name "The Big Red Drain".
    If it's a Ford it probably has rocker covers leaking and maybe the oil pan is rusted outThe power steering pump/box seals could be shot. A truck that old does not have the 6 place odometer, so you would not know the REAL miles on it.