1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northman snowplows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Psyclopse, Dec 26, 2000.

1. Psyclopse

Psyclopse Member

Anyone ever heard of this company? I was given a link to their site and it didn't give much info. From the pictures, it seems like a basic plow setup- simple. Anyone heard of any reliability issues? Good or bad?
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Its funny you brought this up because I kept forgetting to ask the same question out of curiousity. A potential sub contractor of mine has one & I fixed a switching problem for him, but I was curious about it because I'd never seen or heard of it. I think Digger mentioned it one time & it wasn't bad comments.
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

A dealer by me sells their plows. I've heard a lot of good things about their rear-blades. You can check out http://www.northmansnowplows.com but last time I was there, it was under construction.

4. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

The Northman is all we used to run,they used to be a very well built plow.They used to have two diffrent models,one that was identical to a western that was junk and a heavy duty model that was as heavy as I had seen.The used a under hood pumps which cost about a third of the the money to fix or replace as a over priced meyer or western pump.All in all I had very good luck with them.
  5. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I saw one on a truck today for the first time, I've never seen one before.

BRL- maybe it was your sub, his truck said Raritian on it, I was at the Brigdewater Home Depot.