1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northman Snow Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Not sure if this is in the right spot, so move if necesary!!

So I am adding another truck to the fleet this season and we got a line on a nice 96 F250. It has a Northman plow on it with the pump under the hood. I have never dealt with these kinds of plows, so I was wondering about the goods and the bads, etc. Any info will be appreciated!!!:waving: Thanks, Tom
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Just saw the website -- Looks to me like it has a lot of the quality characteristics of Fisher & Western without any of the frilly crap of others. It has the trip edge (seen on that V-plow picture) and a solid looking headgear. You know the good & bad of other plows -- take a look at the truck you mentioned (if it's nearby) & see if it appears to have any potential hangups.
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Tom looks like a good setup from the web site. Theses a link up top to. But hey if you want I'll check it out with you.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the northman plow with the pump under the hood is awesome you will not see it online because they dont make it anymore but you will never have a problem with the pump freezing is it a 2300 where the lights can come off or the 2200 where the lights are behind the bumper