1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northman plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by evil snowman, Jan 24, 2005.

1. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

is anyone running a northman? i have seen them in catalogs, but have never seen one on the road. are they built well or are they junk? i might be interested in one depending on your responces.

mike - the evil snowman
  2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Didn't they make the first underhood hydraulic lift pump or something? I don't know. Something like that. :) Good plows in my opinion. Move up to blue... the professional choice.
  3. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

They are actually powder coated in my town for Northman, which is an hour away from me. The other LCO uses them here, and yes they do have under hood hydraulics. They look well built to me, but I'm a Western fan.
  4. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Buddy of mine has a Northman,it hasn't broke down in the 10 yrs that he has had it.He cleans it up and stores in his garage after every storm...
  5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Buy northman

Man I have used the northman 1400 for 11 years now with no troubles. Heavy duty and under hood hyd. Not like those whimp brands meyers and etc. The plow I am usings was made in the 80s and wouldnt trade it for nothing.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I bought an older one of ebay for a song, and while I have not used it yet it looks extremely heavy duty, and a quick-hitch too---surprising considering the age of the unit!

If you have dealer support for one, I see no reason not to buy one.