1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northman plow wont go down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 96ChevyNorthman, Jul 30, 2014.

1. 96ChevyNorthman

96ChevyNorthman Junior Member
    from SD

Hi yall! I picked up and old Northman Plow on a 96 Chevy 1500 last year and it worked great all season. A couple of days ago I decided I would check and make sure it was working and clean everything up and get it ready for winter. I lifted it turned it right and left then when I went to set it down it wouldn't go down. I have never really worked on a plow setup before and really don't know where to start.:( Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

2. 96ChevyNorthman

from SD

146 views and no one can help me?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Northmen not a very popular unit and not that many members on this time of year.

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Did a wedding band fall on it?

5. 96ChevyNorthman

from SD

Thanks for the replies!! Yeah I know they are not very popular. I just went out and messed with it some and I tapped on the solenoids with a hammer and it went down but now it wont stay up and it sounds like the pump has tp pump really hard to lift it

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Time for a GOOD clean and flush. I would pull all valves and clean then. Who knows how old the crap is inside. Doesn't take much to jack a valve.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea not a popular.plow at all. Not even sure there still.in business
    If it won't stay up....generally cause by junk in the valve OR a leaking ram. Since you never mentioned leak, I would agree with pat and start with a fluid flush and a valve cleaning