1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northman plow - snoway / fenner pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by A. Dahl, Jan 11, 2012.

1. A. Dahl

A. Dahl Junior Member
    from midwest

i am new to the site so please bear with me if i'm still in the wrong section. i am wondering if anyone can tell me where the two wires under the "a-coil cap" are supposed to be hooked? one obviously hooks to a control wire but where is the other one supposed to go? ... ground wire? open? or is it supposed to also hook into the control?
    my whole problem is that i can't seem to get the controls to perform their function the way they are supposed to. when i unhook the "power feed", i have left and right but no up or down. when i ground the "power feed" i have up but no left, right, or gravity down. and when i supply the "power feed" i have gravity down but nothing else. i'm hoping that free wire under the a-coil is causing my problems. i am hooked up to a dodge if that makes any difference.

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I wish I had my manual with me. There is a guy named basher. He my chime in. did you try sno-way web site yet? And look up the
    manual yet ? I am going to the shop to day ill get my manual. It will be around 1ish. Sorry I could not help out.

I love my Z

3. A. Dahl

A. Dahl Junior Member
    from midwest

ya, i tried about everything i can think of. i got it to function by adding an extra rocker switch. i'll try to get through the season like that. i think it's just time to upgrade my equipment. thanks for the info and help.

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Find a guy on here by the name of basher Im sorry I cant find my book. Basher and sons on the web he his a snoway dealer full of
    good info