1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northman plow help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by salessn, Jan 10, 2016.

1. salessn

salessn Junior Member

Hello everyone, I have a northman plow and last year it stopped lifting. Ive been trying to figure out what the problem is and I was wondering if i could get some help. The plow goes left and right just fine, the motor does turn on when you flip the lift switch, the lift cylinder very very slowly moves up about 3/4 of an inch and stops, and if i put enough pressure on it, i can push it back down. No leaks and the hydraulic fluid level is fine. Any suggestions? thanks! again left and right works fine.

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

new ram packing .adjust presser .

3. salessn

salessn Junior Member

wouldnt that cause fluid to leak out if that was bad? and how do i adjust the pressure? thanks.

4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

the ram packing being wore out doesn't mean it will leak out of top of ram .its just by passing the presser to lift the blade. I think they are like the meyer e 47 pumps . motor gear pump under it and 3 valves and coils

5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

to replace ram packing you will need basic seal kit .I don't no where to find them ,I do a lot of meyer pump .

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i would not mess with pressure until you fix pump .where you at . pm you number i can wall you through it .

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

also could be o rings on a valve .black wire .little one in back of pump

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Nice guy you are!!

9. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

been their 30 years ago .now i no a little about plow pumps .you got any info on where to find rebuild kit for northman pump .i don't see anything yet but i will keep looking .i do believe their almost like the meyer e 47 pumps .ussmileyflag