1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northman Plow edge HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deadhead, Feb 8, 2010.

1. deadhead

deadhead Junior Member

Hello, I am in desperate need for a new cutting edge for a northman plow!!!! I live in Central IL , If any one knows where I can find one , who can make one, what to make it out of, This is an old plow that works great. I would appreciate any help,Thanks
    PS If anyone wants to call 217-671-1887 Bruce

2. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Sorry can't help you with Northman parts. If your edge is totally gone have a fab shop weld a peice of 4" on to your old edge.Won't last as long but it will keep you plowing til you find the right part. What size is your blade and what is the spacing of all the bolt holes. you just might find an edge for a different plow might fit.

3. ToolCatCruzer

ToolCatCruzer Junior Member
    from Chicago

why not take it to a local welding shop or similiar and see if they can make you one ? my local shop has made them for a bunch of my plows, even my larger v-plows. its just a piece of steel with holes.

4. BigVasey

BigVasey Junior Member

I just replace the whole bottom of a Northman plow I bought on Craigslist. My local welding shop not only sold me a wear blade that is reversible but also a 2x3 angle to replace the bottom of the moldboard. 88 bucks out the door.