1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern U.P. Lake effect storm

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ChevYooper, Nov 29, 2007.

1. So we have about 10 inches on the ground now with some huge drifts as the winds have been in the 60mph + range. It started snowing monday and hasnt let up yet. We got 5 more inches this morning and they are calling for 15-20 more inches with a possibility of a two foot dumping by friday night. Then the 10day forecast shows it staying in the 20's with a chance of snow each day!!!!!

Those piles are getting high out there!!!

Sorry no pics, i've been busy (as you can guess)...but i'll get some up here soon

Good luck guys
  2. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Enjoy it while you've got it. I'm still waiting for our turn here just south of Buffalo, N.Y. Maybe we'll get the Lake in gear soon!
  3. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Blow some of that to the south west across the pond please. The wallet is getting empty, need some snow!
  4. telebofh

telebofh Junior Member
    from MI

Couple of pics from tonight, just south of the Mackinaw Bridge

5. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

I think Im buying a loader, protech, and moving up there!!:) Its rare that a person from the Buffalo area bows down to someone because of snow, but you guys up there really know how to have fun.:salute::salute:
  6. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

looks good now send some down to escanaba michigan for us please we need it havent been able to plow once yet this year and im itching to get out payup
  7. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

Thats awsome, they havent had that much sno wup there in a whiel. I think im gonna hed up with the sleds next weekend.
  8. wls

wls Senior Member

That sounds like a plan.:)
  9. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

We've had a lot forecasted, but it seems to keep missing us. We probably had 6" or more this weekend-- Nice heavy, slushy crap. :dizzy:

Schools were closed because of the forecast, but we hardly got any today. :confused:
  10. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

yea seems to be that way here in buffalo ny as far as the storm missing us. only got about 4-5 at best. then it turned to rain and it all went away:cry:
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Might want to do a little research. Keweenaw peninsula, Calumet, Marquette get a heck of a lot more snow than Buffalo does, and on a more regular basis. Even back in the big storm that you guys got a few years ago during Christmas and New Years, Pellston MI had over 90" of snow, they just don't get the same level of media coverage as Buffalo does.
  12. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

I thought thats what I was saying??
  13. ok, it took me long enough but here are some pics

my daily drive into town

this is on a good day (as far as driving goes)

finally found the pavement
  14. more....

the bridge

Michigan Tech University
  15. more...

my piles

my truck taking a break
  16. last few...

this fell in 24 hours (about 28inches)

the backyard my plow buddy

thats all

I'm running out of room, but keep it comming

Good luck guys
  17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

looks good, to bad that isn't a little farther south
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Holy crap, you've gotten a lot of snow so far. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I knew you had a couple good dumps, but not that much.
  19. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

Deffinatly going to load up and head up after school thursday. I havent seen that much snow before christmas in a whiel.
  20. yeah, the snow is great, and the trails have a 12" base or so.

Trails are being groomed and we're getting at least 2" more each night, good riding so far

Also, lots of powder off trail, i found some 3' -4' spots

Happy plowing/ riding guys!!