1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northern michigan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hytech, Dec 6, 2005.

1. hytech

hytech Junior Member

well guys its here we have at least 18" and still coming down calling for another 10" today
    how about it guys how much is out there

hytech
    pellston mi
    ice box of the nation

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

So how much you guys get so far this year ? I guess the Yoopers up in Keweenaw Penninsula have over 100" so far this year.
    todd

3. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Well in the Middle of the Upper Pennisula of Michigan we have got about 50" of snow so far. Nothing in the last few days...only cold weather.

4. wls

wls Senior Member

Must be good for the snowmobilers, I believe the trails opened up Dec 1st.:)

5. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Close to 80" in the south part of the Keweenaw with a winter watch for 8 to14" more next 24 hrs. You got to love SNOW.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

down in the southern lower peninsula, we have about 4" or so, got about 1" of the 1ft we were suppose to get yesterday and last night. :rolleyes: gotta love the weathermen/women.

7. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Well actually no, we had rain in between our two big storms, kinda made a mess out of everything...

8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I love the UP. I was planning on going up to my pop's property before snow season down here started, but its to late now. His property is in Silver City, an acre on lake superior. I love it up there in the Winter, but I hate it in the summer, lol. I love the snow up there. Its awsome when those huge waves freeze. Plus, everyone who lives up there is soooo nice!!! Someday I want to move up there. But im moving to Kalamazoo (south western part of the state) for college next year, and they get a ton of snow.

Let it snow fellas.

9. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

my family has a cottage on pickerel lake in Alanson michigan......not to far from you HYTECH....if im not mistake

its awesome up there....have never been up there in the winter though...faminly has owned it for over 23 years

10. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

Petoskey got like 10" and was calling for another 10". Just down the road in Walloon Lake, I got 1 1/2" that first day and wondered what all the fuss was about till I went to work. But then I got two 6" dumpings. So far this year Ive used the little plow more than I did all last season. Works great too.

11. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

With all that snow and plowable events, not even including de-icing/sanding, you guys,even with the supply and demand aspect of the business, must make and absolute killing.
    Or are your triggers much higher since the people are so used to so much snow, and is the price for a driveway so much cheaper that it pretty much evens out?

12. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

Ya the plowing trigger is much higher, if I was going to use a 2" trigger I would be plowing non stop most of the winter. Not too mention people wouldn't have me plow any more, they couldn't afford it. The last storm with 12" of snow I plowed 1/2 twice and 1/2 once, other then the businesses.