1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northern michigan

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grf_1000, Feb 21, 2010.

1. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

well its feb. 21st.and i'm going nuts. i have only plowed 5 times since 1-1. we are down over around 80" of snow fall to date.who would have ever though cutting edges would have rust on them in northern michigan in feb. its been in the teens and low 20's for weeks, perfect for snow but nothing.. the only thing keeping me going is my seasonal contracts. making good money on them this winter :) but not worth the no snow in the gas and oil field plowing. we are on a course to go from 200" of snow to this year maybe getting 90" and we had almost 50" of that in december in a weeks time.
    hows everyone else up here hold up?

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Get in the lake effect belt!

3. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

Gaylord is the normal lake effect belt. 200" last year, 76" this year.

4. happydays

happydays Junior Member

I'm starting to plan for next year.........

5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I hear next yr is going to be less snow than this yr hope not this yr has been my worst yr out of 29 yrs of plowing glad I had money banked but thats getting low guess we need to do a snow dance.

6. happydays

happydays Junior Member

You got to be in Dallas,tx if you want more pushes