1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northern michigan. traverse city

Discussion in 'Employment' started by 09dieselguy, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

looking to sub for drivers here in traverse city and Surrounding areas. im driving a 2005 duramax with a new boss plow. please let me know if you need anything. i have experiance and the know how. i can operate more then a truck. have plowed with bobcats with pusher boxs. loaders and back hoes.

can help anytime.

ian

2. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

sorry, no work, but i also plow/live in traverse city!

3. 09dieselguy

ya im looking for some extra work this year. where abouts do you live.

4. Onebadbowtie86

i live off of goodrick road, between cedar run and m 72, you?

5. 09dieselguy

im in the same spot. do you live on the corner of goodrick and cedar run. always 2 plow trucks sittin there?

6. Onebadbowtie86

no, but thats a friend of mines house, im the 4th house on the right, with a pole barn next to the house.

7. 09dieselguy

hmm. ill go by and see if its the one im thinkin about. 4th from cedar run?

8. Onebadbowtie86

do you live out towards lake ann or something? is it your first year plowing? what do you have for accounts?

9. 09dieselguy

no ive been plowing for 6 or 7 years but first year i traverse. i was in traverse last winter but with out a plow so looking for work since i moved to tc now. only a few drives now. my apartment complex a farm a few other houses. but not enough to keep the truck busy thats for sure. looking for more and more. i live down by long lake grocery but my gal pal lives up in cedar run almost acrost from church road.

what have you got for work this year? what are you driving?

10. Onebadbowtie86

geez, your like my neighbor...heres a pic of my truck, except now i have a snowflap. Right now i have close to 30 driveways and i plow 3 stub roads in a sub called red barn out past wheelock welding, and i plow a subdivision off of goodrick road, bobbys trail. got a pic of your truck? how old are you? i might even know you.....

[​IMG]

11. 09dieselguy

i think i know where you live no that i see the truck. i dont have any pics right now. the camera is out in the truck. if you need any help let me know. always looking for work or just for shits and grins. im looking for work if you need some help or if you have to much work let me know. id be glad to help out and take some over if needed.
    pm me your number when ever you get a chance. if you need help please let me know. i have heard a few companys in town have to much work so im gonna make a few phone calls to see what i cannt come up with for some sub work.

12. 09dieselguy

ya i know of the subdavison right on goodrick. i use to farm the orchards there.

13. KINGSLEY_SNOW

KINGSLEY_SNOW Junior Member

How are you doing picking up work in the TC area? I currently live in Buffalo, NY moving back to Kingsley this summer. I plow in the winter and cut grass in the summer.

thanks

14. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I own a snowplowing business in Traverse and on occasion need some sub help. Let me know if you are still available.

15. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I grew up in Acme in the late 70's. Anybody go back that far?

16. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

Yep. My family has been here a long time. Grew up on the Old Mission Peninsula.

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

So that building that your last name was relation to you.

My parents did the lighthouse keeping thing on Old Mission Pen back in Oct. We ran up for the day to see them. Didn't have time to give you a call, sorry.

18. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

That building is part of an old cherry processing plant built by Buff Kroupa who recently passed on this past fall. Not sure of the relation but distant. Originally, there were many Kroupa's in the area. My family arrived here about 1851.

That's great your parents were able to stay at the lighthouse. Fall would be a good time since there would be fewer a-holes from downstate roaming about the property. J/K.:D

19. Onebadbowtie86

I Work for Reith-Riley, and i was out on M-37 by the light house this fall as we paved out there all the way to the light house!

20. cj5

cj5 Junior Member

I grew up in Manton in the 70's/80's. Traverse City was the nearest place that had a Meijers
    and a mall to shop at. I remeber seeing Star Wars in Traverse City and President Ford in the
    Cherry parade..

Paul