1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Maine

Discussion in 'Employment' started by TEX, Oct 21, 2008.

1. TEX

TEX Senior Member

TEX here the wife and I are tryin t move back home, anyone know of any good employment in northern Maine. Im a firefighter for over 9 yrs now and can do pretty much anything. thanks for plowsite and let is snow man

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

In Caribou....Man things are kinda crappy here. They shut three of the mills down so far this year. I heared something the day on the news about a company in Eagle lake closing all three of there locations. They are devolping that huge peice of land in Moosehead. I was a dispatcher for a trucking company called Tracy's Express, they went belly up and I went to the unemployment line. I was doing Repo's on the side for myelf, now I do it fulltime. Good luck!

3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

ya its tough........the wife jsut sent in an app for a good job but im still lookin.......

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

what do you do?

5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

keep looking you will find something eventually.

coming home eh?

we all come home eventually. ive done it three times now. lol

6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

LOL came home 3 times thats great.

Im a firefighter/EMT

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Didn't ya know, Maine is a Black Hole. I too have come back here 3 times. Lived in AZ, MI, and FL.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Don't come back to MI, you really be suffering, trust me on this one. :help:

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i basically cross between lasvegas and maine.
    half my family is in vegas, half in maine.

lived in utah, miss, tex, n.carolina, del, nh,
    after a while i think you kind of realize they all have good points and bad.
    Money in maine is harder to make but i like the atmosphere better than some other states.

10. TEX

TEX Senior Member

well im still waiting for something............

11. 4Seasonsmgt

4Seasonsmgt Junior Member

I live in caribou, Me and there is not to many jobs open but do check with soderberg const. they always have openings for stuff.