1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Illinois Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Midwest Pond, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midwest Pond

Midwest Pond Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

well this year is not ending well....lets see what next year will bring us

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

why do you say that olddogg? i think we still have a chance at it, just have to wait and see what mother nature has in store for us.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What are your thoughts on a salt run Friday night in to Saturday? Looks like the low is down to 24 Friday night with a high of 24 Saturday.

5. the new boss 92

ek im showing rain shanging to snow/ flurries on my phone, i think that shall be good enough for a salt run in the am!

6. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

As far as salting on Friday we are going to salt everything that is open that night. All other sites that are open Saturday will get salted 5-6am Saturday morning. All other sites will be done at Property management request which I will email all of them today telling them that is it highly recommended.

I would contact all people in charge of this today as most will be off tomorrow.

I would imagine that remaining sites will be serviced Sunday night or Monday morning.

7. the new boss 92

im hoping we dont fall into a dry spell,i am working on trying to afford a newer truck and i hope this dry spell doesnt F me. i dont remember but how was march last year pretty dry or did we get an event i cant remember!

8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

you better be knocking on wood, buddy!

9. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

Feb. was 5 events March was a bust we didn't do any residential..

10. Midwest Pond

Midwest Pond Senior Member

February last year had some great storms for us, but January was terrible...... I'm knocking......

for all of us......

according to John Dee we are clear through Jan. 8th

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  11. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

Well the next 2 day's don't show any signs of snowing so this year is over for snow...:cry:

12. 1olddogtwo

well look how today is going...........losing our snow cover, rain is coming, need to reset my book.....

13. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

As of now, I'm thinking its a good bet. Lots of standing water already. With Friday's rain and a big drop in temps Saturday morning, we could have a flash freeze. Better than nothing!

14. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

I was wondering about freezing myself. Most of my accounts are closed so I don't think I'll need to go out this weekend. Doesn't look like any snow for a few days, I hop this January is not like last year!

15. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

rain, rain, go away....... would like to have some snow to play!

16. Pushin 2 Please

Or at least some ice!

17. 1olddogtwo

well time to get your rain coat's out unless your on the other side of that line

fzlv.jpg

18. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

We are done for a while. Back to the ugly look of Winter....... Dirty snow piles and Rain..

19. Pushin 2 Please

And brown lawns. I'm thinking 10-14 days away!

20. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think you may be right, snow is melting fast and the next week looks to warm for snow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.