1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Illinois Elgin,McHenry,Crystal Lake,Woodstock and in between.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by REAPER, Oct 14, 2013.

1. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Maybe us northern boys wont get lost in the Chicago thread.

1ST snow?

December 2nd but be ready at the end of November just in case! Thumbs Up

My pine tree's are telling me it will be a good year. :rolleyes:

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm hoping for a few weeks between the end of picking corn and the time to make a couple salt runs. Gotta set up some salter wiring and controller, mount a v box, and finish up a few little things on my v plow and it's off to the races.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Soon as leaves are done bring it on!

5. MidwestSalt

MidwestSalt Junior Member
    from Batavia

Hope we get some good ice storms in Nov, too! Not sure how you guys feel about ice, being a supplier WE LOVE IT!

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

As long as I can drive safely in it any winter weather is fine by me.
    Ice has its own problems depending on amount but over the years I have become accustomed to it.

7. Triton Snow Professionals

Triton Snow Professionals Banned
    from McHenry

Seems like it's getting colder earlier than the last few years. We are preparing for early ice.

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It does seem to be getting colder earlier. After the year I've had and the past average years of snow I could use a good one.
    Not wanting to overwork the truck pushing but I wouldn't mind overworking the spreader.

9. DuramaxLML-42

DuramaxLML-42 Senior Member

Im right up in your guys areas. Looking to get myself a new plow for my truck. Found the one to buy need to sell mine. Everyone keeps trying to low ball me on my 2012 MVP 8.6' poly...

10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You'll never get a price you want on a year old plow unless you sold the truck/plow combo together. There are far to many out there for guys to buy used a lot cheaper or they realize they can spend a few 100 more and get a new one. Unless you find someone really anxious to get what you have and the market is low on that style. I would just use what you have a couple more years then sell it. Probably get the same money then as someone is willing to offer you now.

11. DuramaxLML-42

Is $3,800 for a plow that looks brand new much to ask.

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not sure how much they go for new. Dont sound bad to me but I've been in it a while and know what it can bring me back work wise. People these days want the moon while only willing to pay for a rock.

Same with what they want to pay to plow. They want zero tolerance service and want to only pay for a one time plow. :gunsfiring:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  13. DuramaxLML-42

Yep thats whats it been for the psat couple years now. Thats about to change soon. Dont worry. Thats all i can say and i can promise you that.

If youre a regular guy walking in off the street that plow would cost more than $6,800.00-$7200.00 new and installed. Maybe more.

14. Triton Snow Professionals

Triton Snow Professionals Banned
    from McHenry

what is the weight on that plow? would you sell without mount?

15. DuramaxLML-42

I cannot sell the truck side kit but the weight is approximately 847lbs. According to western snowplows website.

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Cant believe novembers knocking on the door. All the predictions i see look good but we know how that go's.

17. DuramaxLML-42

Yah im bummed out of my mind. I wont be fully dedicated to snow this year. only temp. Other things to take care of. We all need a good year to pay the bills and then put some in our pockets for a rainy day.

18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Cold air moving in tonight. Could get down to 35* in areas around us.
    Was out scoping the route today and it sure seems ready for winter out there.

19. DuramaxLML-42

****. Id give anything to be in town for that kinda weather! Love the weather! Coming back tomorrow to install new go fast parts on my LML Duramax. Shooting for 600rwhp

20. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I was just quoted $5,300 for a new boss 8'2" boss vxt. That was cash and carry no install.

If I was looking at your plow I'd be offering around $3k.