1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Illinois Chicago Snow Thread.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 3311, Nov 27, 2007.

1. 3311

3311 Senior Member

How about our chances of snow this coming weekend ??

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Triton, I thought I was excited for snow but you got me beat!

Im starting to second guess this weekends forecast but we will see.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I did look better a few days ago :rolleyes: BUT wait for IT :drinkup:

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I went ahead and planed a trip to Florida this w/e hoping that it would cause it to snow!

5. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

ssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pretend your sleeping

6. 3311

3311 Senior Member

If Ron from 4evergreen would just stop cutting grass it would snow !!!

7. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

sure looks like somthing is coming, lets hope it stays cold and snows:rolleyes:

8. Ok guys i talked to my bro in law today, he is a meteorologist for NOAA and he said that waould should be getteing ready for wet heavy snow. If it tracks right, as long as we get the cold front to come first, we should see anywhere between 3-6 inches. But more on the lines of 4-8 inches with heavy spots up to 10 inches along the I-80 line (sorry guys but i think ill make out good on that one). But who knows right now we will see later in the week :gunsfiring::yow!:

9. RedBeaverEater

RedBeaverEater Junior Member

any 1 from rockford?

10. stroker79

The weathermans famous last words!

11. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Ive been checking all the weather sites I can think of and unfortunately..........most are saying rain for Sunday:realmad: Tom did seem quite exicited about this storm tonignt and did state the potential for large amounts accumulation is great, of course if its cold enough! Lets cross our fingers and hope for some colder temps!payup

John

12. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Im not even going to say anything:)

13. let all just shut up and plan trips, go fishing, wash and wax the trucks for the next five days then we will get dumped on. Well i put it this way, he does some of the big storms for ohare and he has been very busy the past days

14. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

My heart rate went up when I read that! I can't wait for the first push of the season. I am going to wash my truck tomorrow and post some pics, that will get it to snow.

15. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

im not getting excited....the thanksgiving storm was a dud and we had s now advisory and everything. We didn't even get an inch...just some grassy surfaces were covered. Barely enough for a salting...Im just going to wait and see.....ill pretend like nothing is coming its still kinda early in the snow season...

16. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

just saw one more forecast before bed......Snow Sat into Sun changing to rain and then back to snow. High was 43.:cry: If anything does stick, its gonna be heavy!!wesport

John

17. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea my hopes are not high.

18. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Here is my thought. Just put all our eqipment in a big pile in the shop. Removed all the starters for rebuild, threw out all our new shovels and washed our trucks. Next im going to wax the boat and bring the RV back to the park. Then sit back and laugh at all the weather people as I prey for more rain. I'm convinced if they would issue a heavy rain warning we get our BLIZZARD of 07-08. Sure it would be a small cat5 w/ 5"/hr snow rates thunder snow and maybee a snow funnel (this would be super cool)

Well its worth a try!!

DAFF

19. stroker79

I am going to wash my truck tomorrow and wax the plow. My truck hasnt been washed in at least 3 months.

20. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I am from Rockford......originaly but then i got smart and moved north. why do you ask.

i'm trying to help get some snow going as well. I pulled my convertible out of the garage today and drove it to work.....left the top up but normaly it is hibernating already. I did call last wednesday to drop the insurance to storage but my agent was out for thanksgiving....good thing cuz i needed the car today. after the first snow the plow truck is my backup work car.