1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Illinois / Chicago 10/11 Season

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Reliable Snow and Ice, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

well I figured why not start the Thread Early....:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::waving:

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Well first post on the new season. Sold my sprayer to another member today. So back to the drawing board, new sprayer time. Looks like it will have to be a 205 gallon w/ electric start from the cab this time. 305 gallon was just too much weight.

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

2010/11 season? I still have to collect from more than 1/2 my accounts for this season. I really like the thought! This seasons over(except collecting) LOL!!!!!

4. Kubota 8540

I'll still be receiving snow plow checks in mid April....:D

5. Pushin 2 Please

^ how about it? When it snows they want their lots clear of ALL snow and ice ASAP and when its time to pay they take their sweet a$$ time. We would get the boot if we waited!

6. Kubota 8540

That part does bother the H3ll out of me, but my customers are very dependable payers. Monthly billing and a certain number of weeks to get paid. Very seldom are they late? I have some that are 1 week, some that are 6 weeks. But always pay and never complain about the bill. So I just kick back, wait, and count the weeks....:D

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Oh god. 3311 needs to start the thread, he always has. we are doomed!!!!!!

8. Reliable Snow and Ice

Yeah were fine....

9. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

you say that now...

10. Kubota 8540

Does that mean its going to be knee deep at the end of March?:redbounce

11. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

I just hope that means we have an extremely above average snow fall for the season.

I'm in. So how does everyone think this season is going to be.

To all those looking to collect on '09-'10 season post in that forum.;)

On Edit: before we know it someone will be posting for the '11-'12 season before '10 is done, lol

12. Reliable Snow and Ice

well i'm kinda new to the site but not to pushin snow. the 09-10 season was my 13th year and yes lucky 13 it wasnt for me so i know 14 will be a better season for me..

but i didnt know every one had to collect all there money b4 the new season thread was started

so for that I apologize

tho the temps are in the 60's do it's my bad
    :nod:

13. Pushin 2 Please

Looks like we have some heavy rain moving in on us. To bad its not 30 degrees colder!

14. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking/hoping for. If the temps were just 10-20 degrees lower we'd be in business.

Its fine that this thread has been started, it is just funny how the '09-'10 thread was started in May and here we are in March and on to the next one, next year we'll have to start one in January for the following season.

15. Kubota 8540

I was thinking of getting a 9' V Squeegee with a 3 point blower to start a spring time service. What do you think?

16. Reliable Snow and Ice

well on a good note the BIO DIESEL plant is coming along nice so far. I'm hoping to have it up and running my the middle of May

17. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

What are ya cooking ? Waste oil or beans ?
    When you say plant, do you mean for resale, or just for fun ?
    My 05 Dodge really likes that b-100, to bad theres no one local in far NE IL. I would run it all the time for the above freezing months.

18. Reliable Snow and Ice

well it's WVO and it's for my own uses unless some one else brings over WVO and i make it for them...

19. Reliable Snow and Ice

Well found an old buyers spreader today motor's locked up and need's mounting hardware but it's a pretty nice one

20. Reliable Snow and Ice

to all snow plowers... under no circumstances should you do any contracting with
    amazing contractors out of Wis and Oak Park IL..

I subcontracted to them threw Jill's snow plowing in Dyer IN. and that guy Danny/amazing contractors has bounced every pay check he has given Jill's snow plowing..

so while we wait to go after that jag off in the courts for the money he owes us..

I just wanted to let every one know to stay away from that guy... he will stick you in the butt also... and if you did do work for him hit me up and we can get on the same page with the lawyer to recoup money.....