1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Illinois / Chicago 09/10 Season

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 3311, May 16, 2009.

1. 3311

3311 Senior Member

What does everyone think next year will be like. Hope better than this last one ! Hopefully all the low ballers will go back to their regular jobs by then.
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope that we are in a nice pattern now with some "good" winters.......
    The last 2 have been tiring and I wanted to beat my head against the wall at times, but in the end, they were goodpayup
    As long as salt prices go back to a decent price (which they are going to)
  3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

hopefully it gets off to a fast start again. I seriously wish it snow'ed year round.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be down for plowing year around. As long as we could have season's yet. Plowing snow when it's 75 out with a nice breeze would be neat.
  5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

hope we have another one like last year but like already stated hopefully salt will drop in price
  6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Last year as a muni I paid almost $140/ton, this year the state bid was already done and no one was left out like last and the price is rumored to be under $70/ton. This is still high IMO, but at least we won't have to mix sand this winter.
  7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

You just love starting these threads huh? LOL You start them earlier and earlier each year, haha

Looking at your signature it looks like you have had a good year last year.
  8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

When is it going to snow again ? This weather sucks ass :cry:
  9. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Yes. better than last year... :cool:
  10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Hey Scott, I picked up a 2001 Wrangler and I'm looking for a plow. I'll let you try it out for some more work this year...
  11. scottL

It's hard to get you lined up when you got the big city gig. I'd love to have you come out more often otherwise. For most it's too early to tell the full need of this winter coming up ... but I'm working toward some big things .. time will tell. Either case I'll call you as we come closer to the season - or feel free to call me, either way.
  12. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I heard it was going to be below average snowfall and above average temps! El Nino!! :cry::cry::mad:
  13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Time get a job at mcdonalds lol
  14. scottL

Looks like a couple of messages have gone missing again. :confused:
  15. T-MAN

What did I miss ?
    I know my post on gv's most users ever thread was gone in a few hours.
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

i found this on a weather board im a member at.......how chicago faired in weak-mod-strong el ninos

Chicago seasonal snowfall in Ninos.

*ORD became the official site in 1980. Prior to that, Midway (MDW) was the official site. I'll add the ORD total in ( ) to the seasons prior to 1980 (ORD records began in 1958).

1977-78...82.3" (52.4")
    1976-77...54.1" (24.7")
    1969-70...77.0" (56.1")
    1963-64...35.2" (36.2")
    1951-52...66.4" (N/A)

1968-69...29.4" (22.3")
    1965-66...24.9" (28.9")

1972-73...32.9" (25.6")
    1957-58...20.0" (N/A)
  17. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Lets hope for a Weak El Nino. From the looks of it, nothing like the last 2 years.
  18. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Is it that time of the year again?

:bluebounclet it snow!
  19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I don't understand this elnino crap. Even with a moderate el nino, we still get a good amount of snow? Seems like the guessers call every other year a elnino winter, anyone seeing a pattern here. LOL Damn guys can't guess what if its going to be sunny or cloudy tommorrow but they are already trying to forcast the winter.:gunsfiring:
  20. T-MAN

The last really piss poor winter we had here was 02-03
    I was subbing then, so I only got out 7 times. They still made good money on salt though.