1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern Ill/Southern Wisc. (auto) Trans rebuilder

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by redvetracr, Oct 14, 2003.

1. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

I am looking for a recomendation!! I need the OD automatic trans rebuilt on my `82 1/2 ton Chevy plow ONLY truck (it NEVER leaves my driveway) . I hate to invest more $$ on a 20 year old truck but it runs sooo nice unfortunately it looks sooo bad, besides what could I possibly replace it with for the price of a trans R&R ?? I am located right at the IL/WI state line close to I-94. as always THANKS IN ADVANCE!! redvetracr@msn.com

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I can recommend a great shop down here in Peoria, but thats a long way from WI. How about going to a reputable speed shop ans asking if they know of any good raceing tranny shops around?

Usually the guys that build reacing trannies know how a tranny works, and are often certified and educated in the matter.