1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northern IL Snow Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by NorthernILPlwr, Apr 10, 2007.

1. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

Wow.....I look at the weather forecast and I am debating putting on the plow.......what are you guys doing?
  2. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

waiting until it accumulates... if I mount plows/spreaders it will definately rain here. I think the only possible accumulations will be on grass anyways...(from Lombard to the South anyways).

Who knows thou, I love to plow with my new 8.5' Pro-Plus and F350!
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

im really not getting my hopes up. I really could use the money though.

My friend has a private forcaster and he says 3-5inches in out area between 1am and 10pm on wednesday.
  4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Waiting.......... Raining outside right now, but 1-2" by tomorrow morning for eastern Iowa and 3-6" for northern Iowa. Sure hope I don't have to dig the plow out, it's in the back of the shed and I would have to move every thing to get it out. We'll see, sure would be fun to make some quick cash payup
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Its snowing here, plow and spreader are both on and ready to go...I really dont want to though...:rolleyes:
  6. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

ditto on the equipment and the sentiments
  7. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

We have 3 trucks ready.. We just received calls from commercial properties to come and salt..payup I think you guys should get ready..It is easy money this time of year..
  8. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

good luck guys. our snow this weekend was a killer 30 inches. 115 hours of snow is what the weather guys said we had. and last week it was 80 outside.
  9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We got almost 5 inches of heavy wet snow here...trees down...some melted as soon as it stopped snowing. Still plowed almost 10 hours though. Not bad for APRIL!!