1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northeast Snow Storm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by kkls2006, Jan 29, 2007.

1. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

Well I just heard the exciting news, The northeast May, Might, Possibly, have a Chance of getting a Snow Storm, Squall, Snow Shower, Flurry, or Rain event on Ground Hog Day.

But then again they also said that "Thats 4 days from now and allot could happen between now and then", Which basically means they have no *&%#@!*^ Idea......

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Silly me to actually click on this thread thinking you heard something that i didnt. :rolleyes: Yeah either way if we get a Snow Storm, Squall, Snow Shower, Flurry, or Rain or Clouds, theyll be right!

3. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

I'm sorry if I gave you false hopes....:waving:

But on the flip side Now I know what a weather man feels like...

4. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

You had me going for a Sec. :dizzy:

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Snowless

Don't get your hopes up! All winter long, snow showers that don't add up to squat!!!

6. Nepatsfn

Nepatsfn Junior Member
    from NH

Plow for sale

7.6 Fisher LD Brand new used 0 times not even a snow flake has hit it. Paid 3600 will let go for 3000. If u buy it from me it will snow

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'll believe it when I see it! We were forecast to get 1-3" here last night, and got NOTHING :cry: ! I hope it comes, but I'm not holding my breath!:angry:

8. BMPM

BMPM Member

here it is

just checked accuweather and they are showing southern storm and predicting snow from eastern ky to Maine. They show snow over most of central pa !!! Mix is below that. Thats what I've been waiting to see all season. Ready to move the white stuff!!!!!!!!!

9. Rickco

Rickco Member

I wont beleave it til its on the ground.

10. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Nothing for ct more than a few flakes, even in the bs 15day forcast.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

SHHHHHH! You guys will scare it away :eek: ! With my luck, we'll get all rain, or nothing :cry: :angry: ! But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky this time in northern, NJ :nod: !

12. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

It always amazes me to hear on Monday they are predicting snow for Friday. This entire winter they have been wrong predicting that far out. Why do they even bother? The last couple possible storms they were wrong 12 hours before it was supposed to start. Well I guess it gives us hope if nothing else.

13. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

haha does it come with any snow fall garranty ? :D

it will snow soon and dont forget you heard it here i can feel 10 inchs coming but not sure from which direction :nod:

14. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Would'nt this be nice

Here is the map for the Northeast Thursday into Friday...

map.jpg

15. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Hope is not a strategy.....

I guess the only good thing about the lack of snow is that one of the other local low ballers has gone out of the snow business and calls are coming in!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I don't wish this upon anyone. I can not fathom that it is almost Febuary and I haven't dropped a plow yet, actually have not even moved equipment to lots yet...I keep waiting and HOPINGpayup

16. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Who the hell is Henry?

17. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The Guessers here in Boston are calling for 1-2" tonight and a Significant snow event Thursday into Friday, 12 hours of snow accumulations, according to channel 5 at six this morning.

Notice they are not giving specific quanities, they even have been moving away from a mix in the Boston area. Boston Temps were suppose to be at 34 degrees on Friday and Colder on Saturday, now they are saying it may be colder and it may not be as much of a mix. Its a full moon on Friday so that may have an effect on tides and storm patterns,if the storm stalls at all, it may turn out to be very significant, this is what happened in '78!

Jay

18. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

One of the so called :gunsfiring: professional weather forcasters on Accuweather.
    Let us hope that HENRY is right, they are also saying something about back to back storms on the 10th and 12th of February.

Jason

19. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

No way.. I'm in the blue!

I can't believe it... somebody slap me...

20. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member