1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northeast Snow & Ice Control Expo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2COR517, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

2. georgekonyev

georgekonyev Junior Member

May i ask where?

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Click on the link:dizzy::rolleyes:...it tells everything.

4. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Last year left a bit to be desired. The vendors that were there were great, but it seemed to be missing quite a bit. I'm close, so I'll go again, and hope that the poor economy will inspire more companies to promote their stuff. It could go the other way, though.

Here's the last page from a thread on last year's event: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=63613&highlight=expo&page=5

5. MK-X

MK-X Junior Member

dont waste your time. I called last year, as to who was going to be there,they told me "everyone and everything you need to know" I swear, we walked it in 10 minutes, then all i needed to know was where to go to eat, and how to get home! no major mfgs. in fact there was a western dealer trailer in the lot, but no booth inside.WASTED DAY.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I noticed at the Conex show in Hartford earlier this year there were a lot less booths then in previous years.

In talking with someone in another line of work he told me his cost to display at a trade show has doubled this year and he is lucky that his business hasn't dropped off much.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Two years ago it was a great expo last year I'd say 1/2 of the exhibitors showed up. This year?

I'll go

8. turboguy

turboguy Member

We are an exhibitor there and actually the year before last they didn't have it. It was an excellent show the two years before that however. I have no idea why they didn't have one in 2007 but they hosted a couple of shows in other areas instead. One was Cleveland which we did and it wasn't great.

Last year they did not seem to do a very good job of promoting the show to exhibitors and they do seem to be doing a much better job this year. My guess is the show will be pretty good this year and those who go will be happy they did. I did hear a lot of comments last year about some of the major companies who were not there and that you could tour the show pretty quick because a lot of compaines they wanted to spend time with were not there.

A lot of the shows have really been off but I think the snow industry has been affected less by the economy than most industries and I think most manufacturers are willing to display at a worthwhile show.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to go, but it's to far away for me. I went to the Logging Exbo in Bangor ME and that was a great show.

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I'll be attending this year. It'll be my first time attending. I'm kinda excited about it. And look, the Red Sox play that night so I can hit two events at once!! :)

11. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Just a reminder that it's one week away. Bring on the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Anyone else going?

I am still going to try and make it.

13. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Do they have anything (trade show) like that closer to me?

14. turboguy

turboguy Member

The only one I know of even a bit closer to you KC is the show in Novi Michigan the week after. We are displaying there for the first time but just from the map I have seen it looks really small. The website for the MI association is www.landscape.org you can go there and look for links to the show if you are interested. They also have a show in the spring which is a little bigger and has a lot of snow stuff.

I do think the show in Marlboro will be a little bigger and worth while. I think those who decide not to go may miss something good. I have just noticed a lot more promotion this year that I think will pay off.

15. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm now going to miss the Northeast show. Work is busy and you know what they say "you got to make hay while the sunshines"!!

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm behind on work too. I don't know if I can justify 8 hours of driving for a 6 hour show.

17. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I went today with a friend of mine. I thought it was much better than last year. I noticed right off the bat that I had to park much further away from the building than I did last year. Went inside, got my "badge", and strolled around. I probably talked to more people this year than there were last year. Crowd was bigger, too.

I don't know that I'd drive from northern Maine for it, but I'm glad I went. Got me a bit pumped up for the season to get here, too.

18. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Im thinking about going tomorrow with a buddy. How many reps were there? Any big companies or just local distributors. its and 1.75 hours one way for me, worth it??

19. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I went today I spent about 20 minutes there. 2 LED light people a bunch of salt people 1 fisher plow 10' V plow, 1 BOSS plow 10' V, Madd dag or snow dogg did not even have a plow! Sno-way had 1 plow in the parking lot and maybe one on display. 1 Blizzard plow. several pusher plows including sectional plow. a bunch of skid steer. but more salt than anything else. and one plow Co. with 5 plows I cant remember who but they were all galvanized with plastic boards. (I like) it is definitely aimed at the industrial plower (not just commercial).

I would not drive 1 hour to see it.