1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northeast going to get snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PORTER 05, Mar 1, 2007.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

looks like north-east is going to be gettign some snow, im north of boston and they are calling for anywhere from 1-3 / to 3-6 then turn-over to rain, looks like well have to rush out there and push it before it melts....looks like saterday will be in the 50's so we wont have to worry about any iceing...good luck and i hope everyone in the north-east getts hammered!.....or atleast gets a chance to go out!payup payup payup

2. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

Its probably gonna be a big sloppy mess:mad: Oh well i'll take any snow we can get.

3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Looks like we got about 1/4-1/2 an inch before it went to rain here in peabody, its about 6:30 AM and its almost washed away. Time to put the plow away.

4. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

What mess out there. It snowed to about an inch and now it's freezing rain, sleet, ice and everything in between. Looking forward to getting the lawn equipment fired up.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've got maybe 2 inches here in Epping NH, snowing hard right now but a minute ago it looked almost like sleet. If we don't get another solid inch or two I'm not going to be able to go out. If I don't get enough to plow it had better all wash away or it's going to be an unholy mess. I don't want to start now, plow 2 inches at some places and have to go back and plow them for 1 more. So I guess I'll have to plow my whole 6 hour route in five minutes the instant it turns over to rain.

6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I am up to about..

We are up to about 4" as of a half hour ago.
    The town has been out since 5am plowing....
    With any luck it will stay snow,dont need any ice...

7. mole

mole Senior Member

hope you don't get buffalo weather rained now it's freezing rain ice everywhere. thank god we didn't get any snow we had all rain.

8. mole

mole Senior Member

I'm with you can't wait to get the lawn stuff going. went to check the garage the other day and they plowed us in called the guys that plow or space and said you better get that mound away from the door have to call them every year and tell them the same thing. (rent a 4 car garage from a church that has a guy and his son plow for them, just in case you were wondering why we don't plow for them he does it for free crazy huge lot.)

9. PaulT

PaulT Junior Member

I went out about 6:30 and did my driveway, neighbor's driveway and the little spur off the road that we're on. Had about 5" at the time.
    The mud wasn't frozen down very deep, so I pushed a little bit of that, but the dirt drieways and road were ok.

Got about another 1" since then, still coming down good

10. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

2" of snow now rain looks like a mess.

11. mole

mole Senior Member

well the sun is out here have not seen that for awhile.

12. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Photo

Photo of what it was like @ 8am .

3-2-07 0011.jpg

13. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

We got around 3-4 in Southern NH then it turn to all rain nothing like pushing wet slushy snow

14. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Northest going to get SNOW

Central MAINE 4 inches on the ground at 10:45 & still snowing--No Rain yet?--every one heres Waiting? to See? if its going to change? over to Rain? Sleet? so far its a fluffy snow No Problem We have had several Warm Days so Dirt & Gravel drives are ?? able! & where I Do Both Private on my Own & Commerical for the CO I work winters for the COM Boss says Wait on Gravel & Dirt drives but Keep the Hot Top customers Clean Our highway plows were out Early w/ No problems so far! Its still comming down pretty Good! The Propane Man just arrived at our Shop as Our Office is heated by Propane I Guess theres still a Propane supply problem? as Hes only delivering 50 gals--my new GMC Co one ton runs Great but still has the Directional switch problem--as it Don*t Cancel when I turn Left GM installed a new heater switch as it only Ran on High & We had to Repalce the Sander Chain & I have to Check one rear Wheel-- Drivers Rear--as it Loosens Up every couple of days! It Looks OK? so I dono? what Wrong? w/ It I guess? the Dealers going to Replace IT? next time its Serviced! other than That Its a Super Truck Well its time to Go Back to Plowing-- More Later! Ole Tower

15. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ive officaly had it with this season.....plows are going away , lawn gears coming out next week and getting ready for spring-clean-ups , and starting clean-ups wk of the 19th or 26th....they called for atleast 3" here, we dint even get a coating,.....

see you all next season!:dizzy: :realmad: :cry:

16. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

No use for this!

No need for this! Just some wishful thinking here in Mass! Maybe on my way to Maine to do some snowmobiling tomorrow!

ShowLetter.jpg

17. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

porter 05.... were you in downtown Danvers this morning?

18. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

nevermind

never mind dude, i just saw the pics of your truck in another thread...it wasnt you..... it was a brand new 350 color red it said either Porter Landscape Managment or Portier...???? very nice truck though who ever it belongs too

19. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

I've had it up to my eyeballs with all this nonsence:angry:
    Kept switching from rain to snow several times this morning and then to all rain for the rest of the day. Rained so hard it started coming in my basement, which happens very rarely.
    Now i got to wait for all this snow to melt and dry up before i can begin pulling out the lawn stuff.
    ... you never know we could still get another storm, its only March and we've had some large ones in past years. Not really gonna keep my hopes up though.

20. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I know who you are talking about, He lives on 62 in middleton. It was a gas job right?