Snow Plowing Forum banner

Northeast First Snow Next Week

10K views 111 replies 51 participants last post by  Kramer 
#1 ·
I was just looking at the weather.com and the accuweather forcasts and they both say substantial snow early next week. Has anyone else heard that or does anyone else believe that?
The Farmers Almanac also says snow storm between December 1st and 3rd. I hoping they are all right.

#6 ·
I counldnt tell you if it could hit CT or not, but since the forcast from the farmers almanac says snow for the northeast I would say there is a good chance. Only time will tell.

#9 ·
Yea I heard about it the weather channel sticked to there forecast for almost three days. Then accuweather too but they just changed it to be safe haha. Even if its not a huge event, it seems like now we could have a least a couple of inches. In the end it looks like we are going to get something, we are just going to have to wait.

#10 ·
No snow just yet, still got 50 some odd clean-ups left to do. Got rained out today tho.

#11 ·
Would be nice!!

I'm not sure where he got it from, but "BOSS 06" posted this in another thread. Hope it's at least close!!payup

December 2007
1st-3rd Snow falls from Mid-Atlantic States to New England, then clearing skies 4th-7th Becoming unsettled 8th-11th Cold and dry 12th-15th Another snowstorm, with significant accumulations as far south as Maryland, Virginia, then fair, cold weather 16th-19th Mostly fair 20th-23rd Snow from Pennsylvania, New York to Maine, then fair, very cold 24th-27th Dreaming of white Christmas? Snow possible most areas 28th-31st Stormy through New England, with a heavy, wintry mix (snow/sleet). Rainy Mid Atlantic States, then fair, cold

#12 ·
Ohio

:p Ohio maybe facing Bankrupcey if Farmers almanac is right. Even Accuweather is saying warm for this winter. Although, this is Ohio, we never can really count on much of anything. Our weather is crazy.

#13 ·
Farmers Predicition

November 2007
Avg. Temperature: 48° (3° above avg.)
Precipitation: 4" (0.5" above avg.)
Nov. 1-8: Rain, then sunny, cool
Nov. 9-16: Rain and snow showers, chilly
Nov. 17-28: Sunny, turning mild
Nov. 29-30: Snow, cold
December 2007
Avg. Temperature: 33° (2° below avg.)
Precipitation: 2" (1" below avg.)
Dec. 1-8: Snow showers, very cold
Dec. 9-13: Sunny, seasonable
Dec. 14-16: Rain and snow
Dec. 17-26: Snow showers, very cold
Dec. 27-31: Flurries, cold

Here is what Farmers has to say about the Ohio Valley for all those who plow in this area.
Good thing I didn't purchase my extra plow for my other truck. Either way, I have enough accounts for this winter. Plus a backup guy for when I need help.
:drinkup:

#15 ·
PlowingRedneck;439007 said:
I just finished my clean ups yesterday thank god. Just got word from news channel 8 saying it could be a substanial snow fall the beginning of next week. All im doing is putting the new brackets on thats it no plow yet ill put the plow on that morning lol. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving
WHAT! the leaves are still fallig here- I'll be lucky if they're all down by the middle of Dec!

#19 ·
Looks like a mix bag for NJ guys(what else is new):mad:......new england this might be your storm! Still alot of time before the storm, so it will def changes 8 more times!

#20 ·
A First Look at the Possibilities.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
MODELS CONTINUE TO TREND IN THE DIRECTION OF A STORM THIS WEEKEND...
I am posting a map of the potential with the storm. This is not the final forecast, but a first look at the possibilities with the storm. The DGEX model has gone to the same solution as the GFS and I think the EURO and JMA will go that direction the next couple of days.
What I think the storm has going for it is the extent of the cold air. Whether the storm goes to the coast or cuts into the lakes, we have a lot of cold air ahead and behind that a snowstorm is unavoidable.
I am going with the idea that a wave comes out of the Southwest and is captured by the northern branch digging into the East with the result of a major storm blowing up along the coast. The extreme case would be a snowstorm that would shut down the I-95 corridor from Philly to Boston. That would occur if everything comes together. If the storm cuts into the lakes, it would shut down places like St. Louis and Chicago. So you can see that we are dealing with the first major storm possibilities of the year. I am not trying to hype up a storm yet, but showing you that the weather pattern is one where the extremes can play into the equation.
I will tell you right now, the models will start to waffle tomorrow, so trust nothing until we get to Friday. If they remain the course all week, well get ready snow lovers!!!
Also, keep in mind, the NAO is going Negative by the 1st.....

#23 ·
Well that map looks good to me. Hopefully New England gets pounded. I starting to run out of money. I read over accuweather again and some things from NOAA and its looking good but we will have to see. It seems like maryland north is going to get this storm system. Cross your fingers.

#24 ·
TurbDies2500;439748 said:
Well that map looks good to me. Hopefully New England gets pounded. I starting to run out of money. I read over accuweather again and some things from NOAA and its looking good but we will have to see. It seems like maryland north is going to get this storm system. Cross your fingers.
Haha me to on the running out of money. But I should not complaint I plowed about a week ago northern jersey got 6.5 inches, but it must have set a record melted in a day lmao. Hope it comes, o and accuweather is saying lots of snow for the next two weeks! They are just getting our hopes up again.

#26 ·
Still Hedging

All reports for Western Mass. are still hedging. Most still say some kind of "mix", with nobody going on a limb with precip. amounts. Probably won't get anything of value until at least Saturday night (maybe Sunday night). Even then, a last minute shift could leave us dry. Wait and see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.