1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

northeast down time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FISHERBOY, Jan 24, 2009.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Just was wondering what everyone else is doing with there down time, we've washed all trucks & maintenanced them, got caught up on paper work, had 50 ton of salt delivered :eek:earlier this week, finished taxes, caught up with sleep, paid all bills :cry:. Kinda getting bored looks like this week will be snowless too:help:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't say snowless,but yesterday it was the warmest in 2 weeks . Scraped my driveway down that had 4 inches of ice, got the truck washed scraped down a couple of lots so the sun would dry them up.

3. M&M

M&M Senior Member

The last 2 winters I had big projects (added a 2nd story & rehabed the kitchen & living room) going on at my house but this winter has been time to finish all the little things that you learn to live with at the end of a project.

4. loudredram

loudredram Member

luckily were building a new shop......thank god cant wait till its done gonna be so nice to pull a truck in to work on it insted of workin out side

5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

You bite your tounge. It's nice to have a break.:)

6. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

bite your tongue.:p I would rather be raking(or rather plowing) in the money payup than sitting here watching my truck rust. lol

slugger

7. m.williams

m.williams Member

lol just did everything u listed, fired 2 unreliables dropped two pita accounts and picked up 5 more and fixed all (amazingly) equiptment

8. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

fixed my truck
    washed everything i could find to wash
    now im bored and sitting here waiting for snow

9. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

watch the weather

10. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Worked on truck,did some riding, and looking over my commercial mowing accounts. Hope it snows soon!!!!!!!!!

11. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

I'm in the Scranton area and they say we are getting something Weds. We have been extremely busy over the last 3 weeks.

12. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Washed everything down, took on a salt delivery, setup some deliveries, and going to pick up my new truck tomorrow. Got caught up with invoices and paperwork. A Break is good every once and a while.

13. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

washed the truck bought a new plow washed the spreader painted 3 motel rooms did the wiring on the new plow truck side doing push plates tommorow or tuesday and hopefully getting some snow soon cuz soon im going to run out of stuff to do also

14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

better get the push plates done soon
    snow wednesday!!!

15. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

looking at houses and starting to sift threw what is going with me.

16. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

looks like 3-6 down by me tues night to wed, 6-10 possible for you guys by wed!

17. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

havent plowed in a week and a 1/2!

18. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i havent plowed in 4 days lol there was only a couple '', i have to plow now because we got 6 more dam it, i was out on my sled for most of it then it got cold so i got me a ps3, now the hours fly by lol

19. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Calling for 6" in Albany NY area Wednesday...More south and east...Keeping my fingers crossed..And I'll belive it when I see it..Tired of the "It's comming" and it skirts my area and I get a dusting...Sorry for the rant...I'm bored:dizzy: