1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northeast Christmas Morning Results

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIG M, Dec 25, 2002.

1. BIG M

BIG M Member

Well I'ts Christmas morning here in Jersey.And about 6 am I'm looking at 1 inch on my trucks and nothing on the roads.
    They say we will get more this afternoon, <they think>.
    It seems to be warming up a little but who knows? The weather man isn't sure at all.
    Guess i'll go look under the tree for that new snow blower I asked Santa for.
    Merry Christmas to all.
  2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

3. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Half inch on cars, just starting to stick in the lot. 5 year old daughter is opening her gifts and I'm baking cookies, Ya I'm baking cookies. Hope everyone has a good Xmas today.:drinkup:
  4. BIG M

Here it comes. Started about 5 am. It's Snowing and blowing and 28 degrees with almost 2" on the ground. We are expecting 6"-10" by end of the day. I am about 1 mile south of the Lake Ontario shore and we have about 20 mph winds with gusts, coming out of the north east. So far, so good.

Charging everyone double till midnight.

My Christmas wish come true.

BIG M, Hope your wish comes true!

ProSno, I also baked about 10 dozen cookies. (Ate about 5 dozen myself) Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas to All :waving:
  5. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Bob you made cookies? What about Xmas jello? less caloriesLOL:p
  6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just a dusting on the grass and cars here. Called in one crew to salt a hospital site at 3:30 am (at the hospital's request). Just rain now. They are talking sustained 25 mph winds for today, with gusts to 50 mph. More snow later.

7. ProSno,

I make egg nog too, but grandfather and his brother were bakers by trade. Uncle had bakery in Ontario, NY in the 1920's. Must be in my blood. I warm up quicker in front of the oven, Ho Ho Ho.

Bob V
  8. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

NJ. always get the short end of the stick...
  9. bwamx

bwamx Member

Hello all, Merry Christmas,
    Taking a few minutes to check weather and here while kids
    play with the big mess on the floor.
    Hey Jay, Please don't wish for more snow I think 6-14 or so will be plenty !
    Have a good day and take it slow.

Bob K:waving:
  10. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Merry Christmas.
    Well its 9aam here in Reston Virginia...

Snowing really good.. no one knows how much we are going to get. with in five minutes the roads are covered and its snowing about 1" hour. Look beautiful out. I didnt even hook the plow up last night well maybe i will get the chance. Will wait to see... again merry christmas. Look out in the north. They were calling for nothing here last night.. But here it is.....
  11. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Nothing yet, Starting mid day. 8 to 14

12. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

It's 10:45 am. Nothing happening yet. Supposed to get nasty early afternoon and we are supposed to end up with a foot.

Opened gifts this morning and enjoyed watching the kids. My little girl 14 months had fun opening her gifts, putting them aside and then playing with the boxes that they came in!:D
  13. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

we got about 1.5", roads where covered untill salted, now it's raining mixed with freezing rain. They said it will change back to snow in a few hours with possibly an additional 5-8". right now it's 34 degrees.
  14. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I went to bed at 1:00am and no snow at all. Woke up at 8:30 am to about 2 inches on the groung, and it's still snowingpayup

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
  15. ffshuter

ffshuter Junior Member

No snow here on Cape Cod. A brief flurry before dawn. Expected heavy rain. No money this storm.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

We weren't supposed to get any of this, but ended up with anywhere from 1"- 3.5", plowed and salted from 2:30 am till 6 am, woke up the kids and had a quick Christmas, then plowed from 7-9:30 to open up churches for services. Now its nap time till 2-3, and then off to do the rest.....

This Christmas morning plowing is getting pretty common here !
  17. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

This is for Pittsburgh PA:

At 3:30 pm yesterday they were saying "snow heavy at times after midnight....2 to 4 inches....Christmas...snow heavy at times..total accumulation 5 to 8 inches...."

I was out at 5 this morning and the most I saw was about 3/4" of snow. Mostly there was slush.

They just lie, and lie, and lie....
  18. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Last night after I got out from midnight mass, there wads about 2 inches on the ground. When I got up this morning there was like 5-6" and more is on the way soon. To those who haven't gotten it yet, it's on it's wayMerry Christmas. I'll try to post some pics with my new digital camera. :D Happy Plowing payup
  19. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

Nothing sticking on the hard surfaces here. Just some left over hail and a little snow. Getting to spend Christmas day with my wife and children. Did see the biggest "globs" of snow I've ever seen, a couple of hours ago. They were, fully 3". Looked like white silver dollar pancakes floating down. Beautiful. My 4 yo daughter and I were catching them in our mouth (or face). Pretty cool.
  20. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

LOL sorry Bob K. I have moderate to heavy sleet falling here on the east side of town right now looks like we should see the transition to heavy heavy snow very soon. Can't wait. I got my new Craftsman tool chest and need to find something to play around with hint hint maybe a little plow fix er sumptin.