1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North Western North Carolina Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Bill QT, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

We Have been forcasted for 16-20 inches of snow, starting Friday morn, or afternoon. I am looking forward to it. Anybody from NC want to pipe in? Thanks Bill

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Bansky is from raliegh....he will be posting im sure soon. Looks like you guys are going to get pounded...have fun...good luck

3. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

im just right over the hill from you in east tn... they are calling for 6-12 inches here

4. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

Yes, We got 12 inches,of nice powder in Sparta. Bill

5. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

we ended up with 9 inches

6. bluerider

bluerider Junior Member
    from vermont

I have often been curious when areas that arent use to getting snow get these big storms. Are there enough people with plows to plow everybodys driveway.

7. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Senior Member

Wow whats this world coming too. I live in southern Ontario and i have not even seen a snow flake this year. Maybe i will take all my equipment and move down to Alabama got a better chance of seeing snow then here.

8. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

there are a few guys here that do driveways but more deal with commerical accounts

9. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

I am in a small town,and so far the answer is no, there are not enough plow guy's to handle it. They have not had a major storm since 2001, and a lot of the guys gave up. I have had over 35 calls since Saturday morning,and I have done minimal advertising, because I have only been here for 6 weeks. I put out about 100 flyers,and vinyl lettering on my truck. Bill

10. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Senior Member

I can understand not alot of guys having plows down thier but their must be alot of Bobcats and Backhoes.

11. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

Yes, Just not enough. Most of the plowing is on gravel, mountain roads, which is very tedious. Bill

12. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

must guys down here run skid steers or tractors just not enough snow to spend 5-6k on a plow but when you have a plow and we get a storm its worth every penny

13. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

Well, This is a first for my eyes. It is raining ice this morning. Everything in sight is covered completely in a sheet of ice. They had been predicting this for a couple of days, so I went out yesterday and sprayed LCC on 9 of my accounts[ sidewalks,driveways etc... ] No one around here has ever tried this method of anti-icing,so when it stops raining ice sideways, i'll venture out, and see if it worked. Bill

14. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

Sounds like you all got some pretty bad icing up your way... we just got some rain

15. Bill QT

Bill QT Junior Member
    from NC

Yeah man, stopped the ice around noon and rained the rest of the day. I am from Chicago, but I was in Florida for thirty years, forgot what this stuff was like, until I moved to NC 2 mos ago. I was going to move to Mountain City, but got sidetracked. Nice to have somebody to talk to, Thanks Bill

16. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

Callin for maybe another storm the end of this coming week so maybe we will get some more snow to push... mountain city is about 30 minutes away from me

17. clayton2127

clayton2127 Junior Member

Im guessing this is the storm thats coming from the south? Im in maryland.. Usually we get pounded if you all do. Our biggest storms have all been from the south, just like the last one.. Better get the grizzly ready for another battle

18. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

yep.. they are saying we may get clipped and the harder snow be to our north and east.. we get our good snows if they track up the east coast

19. clayton2127

clayton2127 Junior Member

hmmm... im to the north... and east!!!! sweeeet

20. tn_ctd

tn_ctd Junior Member
    from TN

we got missed this time mainly rain.. hoping for some more big snows got to put our newest plow to work