1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North Shore,Ma Sand/Salt suppliers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by searay220, Jan 30, 2009.

1. searay220

searay220 Member

I am looking for a supplier of sand/salt mix in the Reading Ma area. Can anyone help me out with this. Thanks payup
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Not readig but in Woburn Martinetti's is open during storms, off the Washington St exit a mile or so.
  3. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Alot of people use NorthEast Nursery on Rt. 1 Peabody. How much you use per storm and what do you generally use?
  4. searay220

searay220 Member

I live on the Woburn side of Reading. Where is Martinetti's? It sounds familiar. Will they sell to the local guy and dump a yard of mix into the back of a pickup? Thanks
  5. searay220

searay220 Member

I don't do sanding. I just have a few plowing accounts but after this weeks ice I'm going to need to do some sanding. I'll have to do it the old way by shoveling it out of the back of the truck. So a yard here and there hopefuuly will be the extent of it.
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

hey just to let u know we have a Martinetti's over here in salisbury mass and we cant stand em we buy our sand salt mix from them the only reason we do is we have a commercial account there. there a very big PITA we have the loader guys personal cell number and every time we try and get a hold of them they never answer they sell here 6:1 mix and we keep getting complains on it cuz it just doesn't work all that well. so be careful there i don't know how they are at the other store but if its anything like the service we get over here RUUUN!!!!! find someone else. we pay $35 a ton for 6:1 mix and just around $40 for a ton of 4:1 mix at E.J. Trembly over here but u have to leave a blank check. so yeah Martinetti's is open 24hrs but just make sure u call the day before. we have been stiffed by them many of times when they weren't opened up for the storm. oh and they like to short u to here then load me with a bobcat and get right on the money every time but they just have to load me with the komatsu 120 where the bucket is bigger then my truck so i lose 1/4 of my load on the ground and all OVER my truck. so yeah if u can get it somewhere else go sorry for the long post
  7. PLotSystems

PLotSystems Junior Member

For what it's worth, I've been getting sand salt mix from Martignetti's in Amesbury, this is my second season. It's right by Salisbury so it's probably the same one, and it's been working out good, I call the beeper number,978-205-0371, and the guy calls me right back, the longest I've waited is an hour. They take plastic too.
  8. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

salt city inc in charlestown has regular and "magic" salt however I dont think you can get it mixed
  9. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

northeast nursery not to bad for mix