1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North jersey rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by njdodge, Oct 24, 2005.

1. njdodge

njdodge Junior Member

thinking about getting back into plowing this year. what are the rates for a 7 1/2 blade as a sub? and is fuel additional? or included in rate

2. mjm0725

mjm0725 Junior Member
    from NJ

I think your looking at anywhere from 60.00 to 75.00 an hour please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

im from philly and last years rates were anywhere from 55 to 70 all depends on who u get hooked up with....rates might go up seeing that gas is...and gas is included in the 55 to 70 so u pay for it

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We give subs $ 55 per hour to plow using their own equipment, but often we need the sub to salt and snowblow so if they carry their own blower and salter we go up to $85 per hour depending on the route. We run a small fleet of our own trucks so we don't use subs all that often but when we do thats what we pay. payup

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Was getting paid $100/hr last year. I pay up to $85/hr depending on the truck and skill set.

6. chironorm

chironorm Junior Member

i'm located in trenton. i was talking to a guy yeaterday who used to pay $100/ hour cash if you own the plow. he got audited last year and now it's all on the books. still pays the same rate but taxes are taken out. i didn't go with him- just made a deal today with a guy who pays 75% of what you do. i've got two easy apartment complexes which should make me about $1250 whenever it drops 2". however, 15 minutes south of here in new egypt the rates are WAY less. too many plows there.