1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North Jersey 01/21/12

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Dondo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Just a few picture from the first plowable snow for 2012... :nod:

0121121756.jpg

downsized_0121120520.jpg

downsized_0121120520a.jpg

downsized_0121120810.jpg

downsized_0121121756a.jpg

2. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Back home and time for the power washer!

downsized_0122121254a.jpg

3. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Nice easy first storm of the year..... Looks good.

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Dondo,

What's with the wood under your blade?

Rust lines ????

My driveway is stone, so I'm not lucky enough to get rust lines:)

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

nice clean blazer

6. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Yeah nice easy first storm. I was like a kid on Christmas...I didn't need to be on my first lot until 4am but I couldn't sleep. I just kept staring at the clock.
    Yes, I put the wood under so the cutting edge doesn't touch the black top and leave the rust lines. If I could park in the exact spot each time it wouldn't be bad but after a full winter I end up with a crap load of lines. I used to have to power wash the hell out of that section of the driveway each spring to remove them. Then one night I had the bright idea to put two pieces of wood under and it was cheapest easiest fix to a problem I ever had.
    The only down side to them is that they some times freeze to the driveway and when you suck one up in the snow blower it really wakes you up!!
    Thank you!

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Must be cool plowing with a blazer....

You could easily upgrade the axles to Dana 60's and 70 and have bulletproof axles.

(8 lug units out of a 3/4 ton or 1 ton)

Love the idea of having a "short vehicle" to plow with, as getting into tight spaces is a plus.

My dodge has the worst turning radius ever of any vehicle I've ever owned. The diesel pushes through any amount of snow, but if you can''t turn into a driveway, without backing up a few times, it becomes a real PITA

If I ever get some real $$$... I'm going to have the truck shortened, and put a 6' bed on it.. That ought to help:blush2:

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

hahahaha You have never drove a 94 Chevy 4x4. That thing did not turn sharp at all. Matter of fact, I have to do a 2 point turn to get in my driveway!

Shortening the truck won't fix it, it's in the steering. I have a 01 F150 that turns on a dime in comparison to the old Chevy. About the same length as the Chevy.

I think the full size Blazer or even a Jeep with a plow would be the best set up if you do a lot of tight places.

9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Where in butler do you plow? Im from ringwood.

10. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

I live in Butler and only do my house and the in-laws in town. My route is down in the Little Falls, Totowa, Wayne area.

11. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

12. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

You're 100% correct, well, almost...as if the truck was 2' shorter, it would help a little as the radius would be lessened a little.

OTOH if the truck is shorter, it will look cool, ride harsher and be more of a joy to crush my spine in...:blush2: Right ?

If I put a lift kit in the truck, I could go with the crossover steering setup, like in a lot of older trucks. They turn much better than this thing ever could. Without a 4" lift, though it doesn't fit. No problem, as I still enjoy driving it around. and have no plans of trading her in...

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That Blazer is sweet! That looks like the ideal storm too. Not too much snow, but plenty still.

14. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice pics! I'm in Boonton just south of you.

15. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

Thank you Banksy! Yes, I love the storms like that. A quick 8 hours and no beating on the equipment!

Thanks Blue!