1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North Eastern storm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Dec 6, 2003.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

I know many of you are probly still out plowing but how bad was this storm? It just started up here in canada and they are calling for 24" inches of snow that would be insane. It should be interesting how everyone makes out.

Cheers

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

not bad 9" so far :) time to:sleeping:

3. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Crappy Storm

Well they blew it again. In NW Connecticut we have about 6" and we were forcast to get 12"-18". Pretty disapointing. Well I have to go plow what I have, no :D today.
    John

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

2004 your a moron the storm, ant over

5. Plowski

Plowski Junior Member

Interesting storm! The radar all day has shown a heavy band of snow in eastern Mass and a dry slot in central mass. More heavy snow out near the NY border. I've had 12" since it started last night. Did my run this morning, just had a nice nap, and heading out for round 2 now.

Despite the cold we had the past week, the sod will roll up nicely if you catch it right. I hate these early season storms (well, not really!) Be safe everyone, the crazy Christmas tree shoppers are out there, despite the weather.

Ed.

6. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

LOL SBVFD, from where I'm sitting it's over, the radar shows the breaks in it plus I can just look outside and see the very light snow, at this rate we will never get 12" by tommorrow morning. Do you watch the weather?? Radar?? Just cause the weather man says 12"-18" doesn't make it true. I'm sure down on the coast you guys will have at least that because you got more there yesterday to start with.

John

7. penberth

penberth Member

Buffalo got nothing.

What a bummer. there is snow all over NY and the north east area. Buffalo didn't even get a dusting. The snow lines from the weather channel completely cut out Buffalo. :(

8. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

2004f550,the storm is not over its just taking its time son be paitient you will end up with about 10-12 inches were slightly higher here on the coast but not much

9. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

16 inches

Well for going to miss out on the storm we got hit pretty good. It started out at 1030 and we have got 16 inches so far. The NWS is calling for amounts up to 36 inches when its said and done. I have hit my route twice so far. I'm hopping to get 2 more times before it done. This is a real oldfasion Vermont storm.
    Stay safe out there.

10. mowahman

mowahman Junior Member

Just wait penberth, you guys in Buffalo still have yet to get your Christmas Day snow !! 2 yrs. ago, I remember sitting here looking at pictures of 7 FEET of snow that dumped on Buffalo. Almost the same for last year too, wasn't it?? Be patient, and remember to be careful for what you wish for....

11. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

We're getting slammed here. Over a foot since last night, and now it's coming down even heavier than it was today...Will be back out at around 4 a.m. to get the newspaper/coffee getters out of their houses. ;)

12. Groundscare

Groundscare Junior Member

Just finishing up after (2) days of back to back snow. Our area received about 12" of snow with periods of sleet & rain.

The cut throat contractors (laid off / part time snow plowing service people ) are @ it again, Lost a parking lot today from a cut throat, under bid me by $ 150.00.

The storm is headed north, Good luck in the NY, MA, and CT area.

Winter is here to stay, Rumor has it there will be lots of the white gold this year. I hope Old Man winter keeps packing a big punch.

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

can you beleave we got over 2ft of snow. the drifts are over 6ft in some areas. there is so much snow its crazypayup

14. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I didn't measure it, the boss says 18" or a hair over. THis is in the Sturbridge MA area. Have to go back out at midnight.

15. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Just finished up after two days of this biggy. Still spitting out there, but we have approx. 20 inches or so on the ground.
    My little Jeep TJ proudly pulled out a guy in a pickup who was plowing a residential. He wasn't too proud to flag me down though. He got snow jammed up under his plow frame.
    Hope everyone who got this storm did well with no breakage.

16. linguini

linguini Junior Member
    from vermont

well the storm in vermont started out very slowly but just kept on coming, we had at least 20 inches here in southern vermont over a span of 36 hours, a slow mover good thing it came on a weekend!!!!!!!

17. thannigan

thannigan Member

I guess nobody saw my thread about this storm:(

18. Radguy

Radguy Member

About a foot here(Mayfield,Ny). Not bad plowed out 8 people this weekend, did pretty good for my first time out.payup

19. Grant

Grant Member

I must not be living right. Only got about 8" around here. :mad:

20. BRUNSWICK CONCRETE

BRUNSWICK CONCRETE Member

Peabody MA. 36" of snow.
    173 cars to plow out and move in our compound!