1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North East Storms

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Nov 30, 2008.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

it is getting crazy trying to figure it out where and when are the storms going to hit us. I was thinking starting a new thread so we can post anything we hear and where is a storm is developing that way we don't have to find sources on our own.
    Have a great winter and lets make some money.

2. sir spaniourd

I knew it. :realmad:

special_560x389.jpg.jpg

3. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

What a tease

C-

4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im in northern Jersey and they are still calling for some snow. Less than one inch but still something to play with probably just a salt run. Hope you guys get a little something to salt.

5. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Calling for a coating to an inch here trucks and sanders loaded and ready but i doubt they will need to go out

6. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

1-3 here in upstate NY, hopefully closer to three! payup

7. Jto89

Jto89 Member

I saw last night that they are still calling for 1-2 in my area i don't know if thats changed this morning or not but my truck will be ready being Sunday the churches will have to be done.

8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Hope we get some here in easton as well. payup

9. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Leaving for Florida first thing early Sunday morning, to visit my parents... Leavng the wife home with the plow I PRAY she does not have to use it for the few days I'm gone...!

10. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im hoping you mean your own driveway?:dizzy: My girlfriend is fully trained to plow lol, still I would not let her all by her self;)

11. EFR Landscaping

EFR Landscaping Junior Member

I just wish that all the weathermen would join together and stick with the same story! They all hype it up all week long then when it comes its nothing. They all say something else. Its obvious they dont even know.. I heard nothing for me in New Haven all the way up to 2 inches so I quess we will have to wait and see. But I am loaded and ready!

12. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Kind of the same thing with me. It is really hard for them to predict nor easters. Especially when it will just clip us.

13. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

waiting here. Got the truck loaded up w/ salt, more than likely that's it. Maybe shovel a few walks. Probably won't even put the plow on, but I'll keep an eye on the radar throughout the afternoon and night to be sure.

14. F250 Boss v

Yes, my own driveway only. I don't plow anything else... But it is a very long, driveway, just under 3/4mi.

15. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

O ok haha. Thats a long driveway:nod:

16. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

i'm kinda mad at what our weather has been, and what it looks like in the next 15 days maybe some slop strorms ugh. i remember hearing a few of accu-weather forcasters that said "a december to remember" i know the month has just started we'll see come the end of the month.

17. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Because?

I can plow circles around some of the guys in my town, but
    then again I "trained" myself back in the late 80's so been
    at it quite a long time. :waving:

18. F250 Boss v

Well it's 12:45AM Sunday morning, just plowed a good 4" from my property and it's still coming down pretty good, -if I can believe the weatherman (?), they say it will stop at daybreak, -sure hope so... -Got that plane to catch out of Syracuse to Florida early this morning!

19. sir spaniourd

just 1" on the ground on Newbury, it seems it is about to finish snowing

20. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I bet you could. Im just joking, cant you tell?