1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North East storm 2/15-2/18/03

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snow, Feb 17, 2003.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Greenwich ended up with 25" or so depending on what part. Drifts were around a few feet in some areas and it was hard plowing at times.

I went out at 10am and did all my driveways, got home at 1pm and went out again at 2pm. I pulled out my friends bronco and a suburban from a driveway.

I did a parking lot after my friend finished his driveway he was stuck in and then did the residentials.

How did everyone else make out? The only problem i had was the recoil on my snowblower is frozen, so i had to shovel a neighbors sidewalk instead of snowblowing it.

Here's some pictures from the storm. This is the towns bombardier sidewalk plow having a little trouble in the snow.

Bryan

p2170002(1).jpg

2. snow

Here's a pic of my friends 1990 Ford Bronco stuck.

p2170005(1).jpg

3. snow

Here's my truck in action, i plowed through a 3 foot drift and was making the entrance wider.

p2170007(1).jpg

4. snow

The two fords after we plowed the parking lot. Notice the piles on the right.

p2170015(1).jpg

5. snow

Here's one of my dad standing in front of the pile i made on a small driveway.

p2170024(1).jpg

6. snow

Got Snow? This is my neighbor, they never got the concept of parking the cars on one side of the driveway before a snow storm.

Come on guys lets see those pics and piles!

Bryan

p2170025(1).jpg

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I stumbled onto this when i was going to touch up a few drives after it finished drifting.
    1 of 2

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

here's the scond pic, as you can see it is resting on the gas tank and the salter/frame in the rear. Looks like a water main had ruptured and hollowed out the ground under him. They ended up using a semi-wrecker to lift him out, it was quite a show, I watched for about 10 minutes, but had more work to do.

The spinner and under bed salter was pretty mangled (13 tons of truck sitting on it can do that I suppose) and i think he snapped the driveshaft. I'll try to find out more info when I run into my friend at the PW Dept again...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  9. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Cool photos! Glad you made out better than the dump sitting in the hole. Show us some more of what a real snow looks like!

10. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

nice pics very interesting stuff. glad i didn't get 3 feet of snow. too much for me to deal with. rather have 3 inch"!!!

11. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

yes please,more pics. we never get that kind of snow in my area.
    would'nt mind it at least every2-3 yrs.
    dan

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

it's 12:22 right now and it's still comming down .about 12" so far another 12" to go running out of room to pile .

13. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Hey guys, you better get it done. Weather people now saying rain is coming with a slight warm up which they are saying you will have all the snow turn to ice. Go figure!

Hope you are all unstuck, plow still going up, down and side to side, plenty of gas in the trucks, coffee in the cup and all that cash rolling in now! ;)

14. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Ok, Stamford, unofficially got 28" of snow according to our local forecaster.

I was so freakin' busy between the Hospital and my own jobs I didn't have time to take pics during the storm. I did take some pics this morning of the piles and lots as of this morning. I will post them when I get home this afternoon.

Losta transfer case last night, so prety P.O.'ed about that, but hey that stuff happens in a storm like this.

Well, I am now planning our haulaway operations for tonnight and possibly tomorrow night (I will definitely be taking pics of that operation as well)

I also have to plan on removing snow from two flat roofs at the hospital, so its really gonna be a long week. will post pics as soon as I can.

15. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Great pictures !!

Now I wanna go play in 2 feet of snow! Hope your buddy in the Bronco got out!

We love to see these pics here...makes us appreciate our little snows ! Good Luck and be safe.

Steve
    www.IndySnowPlowers.com

16. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

heres a few i took. grandmothers driveway

grams.jpg

17. mdb landscaping

fathers station

newington night.jpg

18. mdb landscaping