1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North east look for possible snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ROYALT91, Dec 4, 2004.

1. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Looks like we could have a pretty good storm monday night tuesday. There is a ton of moisture with this system, its excpected to drop 2" of rain in the south. If that cold air can get in here before the system gets over us we should get some snow, which will be good. Just hope for no mix of rain,sleet,snow. Sucks plowing that cement.

2. danno

danno Senior Member

My Weatherbug on the computer says LT. snow, then change to rain here in CT. :mad:

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

they say 50 degrees for sunday, if it does snow it will only coat the grass I bet

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Freezing rain - Monday night; sleet and freezing rain. Tuesday; rain, sleet and freezing rain. Tuesday night; rain and freezing rain. Wednesday; freezing rain. Friday; sleet. Friday night snow or rain showers.

Maybe I'll get some calls for sanding?

5. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW MEET YA AT THE :drinkup: :)

6. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Not ready for snow yet! Hopefully its rain. Still have about a week of fall clean-ups.

7. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

FINALLY a potential snow storm on the way for CT! It's about time! Every time moisture came our way so far, it ended up being close to 50 degrees. What insanity...I just hooked up my fisher plow for the 2nd time this season, all is working well, and hopefully I will get to flex my chevy's muscle one more time.

8. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:jester: Yes, I am keeping tracking on the monday night thru Tuesday event. According to weather.com though, here in NH, (Newport, near Lebanon), we are supposed to get rain and freezing rain.

Also, it appears only rain will be coming down for Massachusetts, and the rest of southern new england, and anything below that.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  9. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

its going to to be to cold for rain

the cold front is a very strong front from canada points north, these type patterns always seem to favor the cold front winning out. I think we should definetly get snow north of the pike. west of 495. We need some snow i want to put my truck to use. Harley Hauler see u soon. Wig wags

10. bolensdriver

Just looked at www.weather.com again... Massachusetts in parts will get rain and snow.

11. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Hey i will take any form of precip.Just bought 2 new ss sander would love to put them to work

12. bolensdriver

What if it doesn't accumalate, but it is cold, will you use the spreader just to be on the safe side?

13. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

o yes $$$$$$$$$$$$ .we take care of 2 home depots and a stop n shop so they are most concerned for customer safety

14. bolensdriver

Good job. It's best to be safe than sorry.

15. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

You guys are teasing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its only snow showers for Monday nite. I cant wait for a real storm!!!!!!!!!! :redbounce :redbounce :salute:

16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Putting the sander on tomorrow just in case.The forecasts seem to be all over the place on this one but as of ten tonight a lot of the local weather stations are predicting some snow maybe ice even for us here in ct.Timing will determine it.

17. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey jt, where are you from in CT...I am in Cheshire.

18. PLANET

PLANET Member

big lots

Echo, What kinda equipment do U use to do those big lots???

19. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

i have a 04 350 pickup 8ft fisher with prowings1.1 ss ice oway sander,04 350 dump 9ft fisher with a foil 2yrd ss air flo,gehl 3935 skid steer ,93 eddie bauer bronco 7.5 poly meyer

20. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I've heard possible 4-6" of snow here with more closer to the lake..

Rochester, NY area