1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North East Guys, Putting Plows Back On?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ManorD24, Mar 15, 2007.

1. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

Woke up and we are under a WINTER STORM WATCH for a plowable snow friday into saturday. And they say areas to the north and west of us here on long island could see a foot. The kicker was i just tucked the plow away yesterday as i was having the trucks serviced for the spring. Now i have to go dig the plow out in the rain this afternoon once the truck is back from the shop. Anyone else have similar situations going on? I know some guys around here were starting spring cleanups this week.
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

"Major Noreaster"

I havent cleaned and greased up mine for summer storage yet, but its been tucked in the back for a few weeks. But yeah....tomorrow night its going back on! LOL i cant believe this forecast.
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I took my spreader off, washed and greased it this past Monday :rolleyes: .. my plow is still easy to get to. Guess the spreader is going back on with temps in the 20s at night it could get pretty icy.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

JPMAKO Senior Member

All three plows got put in the back of the shop last week, but this time I did not bury them behind stuff. I moved the shop around a little bit so that the only things that I have to move to get to them are my leaf blowers and snow blowers. I also put them in order of which truck can fit further into the garage. so now I don't need to put them on dollies.

BTW: we were shooting for next Friday to start clean-ups as it is still very wet and it looks like it is going to get a lot worse in the next few days.
    Another week to get ready mentally and physically would not hurt me any!wesport

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

This is why plows don't go away till April, usually around mid April. We just stick them in the garage and work around them for a couple weeks. Its not like you can do any cleanups now as the ground was way to muddy. It will be atleast a week if we get any snow until piles melt off, we still had piles from the last storm.
  7. kkls2006

kkls2006 Member

Exactly what we did.....
  8. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

Just tucked the plow away on monday and took the bike out. i guess i need to switch it back.

Accuweather is saying 1-3 thursday night, 1-3 on friday, 8-12 friday night, and the another 1-3 on saturday. should be fun.
  9. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I the day the tax man wants his money I put the plow away.
  10. 03SuperCrew330

03SuperCrew330 Member

Mounted mine yesterday, please make sure im on the Massachusetts contact list in case anyone needs help.

I am in Arlington, MA.

11. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Mine were sitting behind the trucks. Hooked up one about an hour ago. The other will go on later. I may have to go get more salt. I only have about 300# left from the last skid. I was hoping the snow was done so I didn't need to buy more.
  12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was just out trying to get some salt, i actually had a pretty hard time finding any. A lot of places have switched to their spring displays here.
  13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

had both plows behind trucks, just hooked them up....fueled up and sanded up...everythings ready to go here!!!!!
  14. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

put the plow on this afternoon. passed some plow guys on the way up to the shop that already had plows on them.

I'm interviewing a designer this afternoon, and then it's across the street to the gas station to get "gassed up."

looking forward to this last storm.
    and then kicking off the spring by taking the Mini out for a spin.

15. Flipper

from CT

We were out working today, had a drainage job to finish up. Going to meet my brother and another worker down at the shop after dinner to load salt/sand and the fuel up the trucks.

Looks like a little overnight and then 6-12" for us from 9am to Sat morning. Could be a two plower. Should take us from making money this winter to making a good profit and set us up good for contracts next year.
  16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Mine went back on today. This morning we had anywhere from 1" to 4" but it quickly melted off with a little help from salt. This weekend, possibly 3-6" then back into the 40's and 50's Mon-Fri.
  17. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I gassed up earlier and put the plow on. Gotta go to the store in a bit to get a bunch of snacks and sodas....
  18. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

Picked up my truck at the shop this afternoon, it got an oil change and what not then i filled the tank. Came home and mounted the plow and findout i can't raise the blade:cry: . A small wire broke that connects to the pump and i've tried to fix it but it is just to small. So tomorrow morning i'll run it down to the dealer witch is just down the road. They should be able to strip the plug off and rewire a new. As long as it's ready on time that's all that matters.

oops i hit Quote instead of reply... sorry playboy.
  19. Flipper

from CT

What wire? The smallest wires that mount to the pump are still like 16-18 guage. Maybe the black orange wire that grounds the lights and solenoids? You should be able to fix with terminals from Autozone. If you got a dealer you can get to though that sounds good.
  20. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Went by your house tonight and see you had your skid loaded on the trailer. Not looking forward to this mess....