1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North American Snow Conference

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Babe, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

I just saw an ad for the North American Snow Conference in Quebec April 27-30, sponsored by the American Public Works Association. Are any of you attending this, or have you attended in the past? Just wondering what it is like and if it would be worth going to. We won't make it this year, but for future reference. Thanks!:)

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Karen, I have been to the Western Snow and Ice conference put on by the same people, normally in Greeley, Colorado in August or early Sept. It really caters to the municipalities. They have a snow road-e-o where plow drivers do a timed course with standard single and double axle trucks and 10 ft plows. Kinda fun to watch. Lots of really big rigs at the vendor show. That is where I first learned about Mag Chloride. Seminars do not pertain to commercial much. The SIMA event is much better for my interests. Are you a member yet? If not, join and tell them I sent you.
    PS- will be in Frisco this weekend. Will try to call. scott

3. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Thanks for the info:) Did you finally get dug out from all the snow? Yes, we joined SIMA last summer, and will be at the symposium this year - we are really looking forward to it. We are also looking at going to the ICUEE "Demo Expo" which has equipment they let people actually operate to try it out. It is in Louisville, Kentucky in September, www.icuee.com. We will probably make a driving vacation of it and swing down to FL to see my folks afterward. We may be heading to Denver on Saturday, but go ahead and give us a ring just in case our plans change. Will you be at the regional training in Golden next week? If so, I will see you there. So what do you do in the summers? We are starting to get busy with our spring clean parking lot sweeping - there is a lot of gravel to clean up this year!:waving: