1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

North American Signal LED lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by leepotter, Dec 16, 2009.

1. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Might be decent....never heard of them but one thing that I can see that's a problem is where the plug is and how the wires going into the bar is. I'd check it out to see if you can get the plug and all inside the bar and make sure you seal it up good.

3. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

I was looking at that...there is a grommet where the wire go in that seems sealed pretty well probably put a dab of silicone on there for a goof and for the plug I was thinking electric grease. Has a 5 year warranty so I'm no too worried.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Wrap up that connector and the wires going into the bar...silicone the hole going into the bar and do the electric grease in the plug...don't put to much on though... you may also want to check the warrentee to see is what would void it.

Looks like it may work good... Take it out in the daylight on a bright sunny day and see if you can see it from a distance. Tape your magnets if your concerned about scratches! :drinkup:

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

north american signal has been around. i hope it does not give off as much RF noise as the one on my work truck.

i never seen a led with that type of amber cover