1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Normand VS Pronovost

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CAT420DITPLOWER, Oct 28, 2013.

CAT420DITPLOWER Junior Member
    from Ottawa

I am buying a new blower in a couple weeks, looking for real world opinions on whether to go with normand or pronovost? Its going to be a inverted model, 82" normand or 80" pronovost, in their commercial line, with manual backblade. Please give me your opinions as they seem both awesome in quality. It will be on a 60HP tractor with a loader out front. tymusic
  2. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I can't comment on either the pronovost or the normand however I owe 3 shoule's and they have been flauless for the past 3 years.
  3. Toxic

Toxic Junior Member

I have had a 82" normand for the past 3 seasons and it has been fantastic. Haven't had to do one thing to it other than grease it regularly and replace the cutting edge. Scrapes great and throws snow better than any other blower I've had, even wet heavy snow.
  4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Having owned both Normand and Pronovost blowers, they are both solid well built units. The main reason I went Normand was the difficulty in getting Pronovost products. Maybe that's not a problem by you, in which case both would be a fine choice.
  5. paper65

paper65 Junior Member
    from Quebec

We have several units of both companies and they are both really good. I prefer Normand over Pronovost cause they seem to require less maintenance on the frame after a couple of seasons. The chutes on Pronovost are prone to crack at the hinge of the door, they also require welding on the bottom and mounting of the harness more often then Normand. We only use standard blower, I don't know if the harness problem is the same on inverted. The flow of the snow at the exit of the chute on Pronovost create less fume in my opinion.
  6. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I am impressed with the videos.What brand of tractor is that yellow one in the reverse controls ? Catepillar ?