1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Normand inverted clearing serious snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

After this last storm with the wind we had, one of our paths was covered in deep snow. Not sure if the inverted could handle it, but it proved me wrong.http://youtu.be/7_vFeVadcKU

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That did a great job of moving the snow fast

3. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Throws snow good.

Not sure I understand the concept of backing up until the tractor loses traction then lower blower and drive over the snow again. I know there must be a good reason I just need some education that's all.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice!......

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Impressive!

6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

If it had a bucket

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

like this one!

big bucket.jpg

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I am disappointed no one commented on the size of that bucket for that size loader.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I should have grabbed a picture of the bucket a friend has on his 304K Deere. The proportions are about the same, bucket is 1/2 the size of the loader.

At the farm we have a light material bucket for loading feed. a 2.5ish yard bucket on a skid steer looks equally ridiculous.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Photoshop

Lol

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

It look like it blows the snow good but doesn't clean down to pavement or was that a gravel path

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

...male envy!

13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good.

14. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Sorry Paul, I've been sleeping.

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Nope its the real deal, its actually our snow bucket for our Volvo L90, same quick attach as our L45, so thought it made a neet picture.

16. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

The better picture would have been the one of you trying to use it ;)

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

You are definitely right it was not the best tool for the job at hand. It would have been far simpler and quicker to have used a standard blower. I used the inverted only because it was nearby. I filmed it to show how much snow it can handle.

Its understandable, everyone has been having a busy winter so far.

18. CCL Landscaping

CCL Landscaping Senior Member

It may he my mistake but I recently started researching to set up a tractor for next year. Isn't there a inverted blower that switches so you can use it by simply backing up into the snow? If so how do they work?

19. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Bi directional snowblowers... Lots of you tube videos. They are pricey...

20. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

If you have a good route for your machine diffinitly faster, this is the first winter for me with a snowblower on toolcat I like it. Now if I could figure out a business case for one of those ag tractors.