1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Normand INV shear bolts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CAT420DITPLOWER, Nov 25, 2013.

CAT420DITPLOWER Junior Member
    from Ottawa

Looking for info on shear bolt size and specs, from those of you who have these blowers already. I'm picking up my new Normand INV 82" commercial series today or tomorrow. Problem is we are expecting a good dump tomorrow night, and I want to make sure I'm set up ahead of time.
  2. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy Member

I would like to know this aswell. I just broke one on my 92 inverted. Not sure which one as I have not examined it yet. Are they grade 5 bolts of some length? My instruction manual is not 100% clear to me.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Our sHoule has two shear bolts & they listed what size & grade the were in metric. I just converted to us sizes & went to TSC
  4. luckey

luckey Junior Member

My normand 92" manual says 3/8-16nc x 1 1/4 long. Grade 2- this is for drive shaft for chain driving auger. PTO shear bolt is M10x60mm grade 8

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Boy I hope he found them by the time you posted this...:D
  6. mr_tiggy

mr_tiggy Member

Ok thanks Luckey, I just thought that both bolts would be the same grade. I.E. grade 2.
    It's too bad they just don't label the bolts as "shear" bolts.