1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Normal Operating Temp.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by B&E snowplowing, Jul 12, 2010.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what the normal operating temperature is for the engine (coolant).

I have a 1989 Chev 3500 4WD, with a 6.2 litre diesel with 228000 km. I have just bought the truck and it is the first diesel that I have owned so I'm not to sure about it.

It is running around 200 to 210 it seems quite hot to me, but then again I really have no idea.

Thought the gauge might be screwed so I went out, bought an after market and installed it, still running at 200 to 210. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

2. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

That's probably not too hot. But it is true with that many miles you probably need to investigate, by changing thermostat and check the radiator, and fan.