1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Normal for plow to raise slightly when being angled

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Snowzilla, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have a 7.5' Hiniker straight blade on its 2nd year of use. Is it normal behavior for these plows to lift up slightly when you are angling the plow left to right or vise versa? A dealer told me this was normal.

(I do a lot of plowing on gravel and don't always use float mode)
  2. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

I think that's normal, I have a Hiniker V plow and if it's up all the way and I pull the joystick back thinking the plow isn't up all the way the wings will move out a bit. Mine has been like this ever since I owned it. I wouldn't worry about it.
  3. Ultimate Trucks

Ultimate Trucks Junior Member
    from Indiana

Yes it is normal.

4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hmmm. So it must be true. I wonder if this is just Hiniker thing. I find it a little annoying when you are adjusting angle in a push and your lift height changes you.
  5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

My sno-way does it, it's normal. I think it has to do something with the electric hydraulics.