1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Norhteast Snow on Christmas Day??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HandyHaver, Dec 22, 2002.

1. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Careful what you wish for???

That would just suck!! Although there seems to be a good chance according to my man Paul on TWC. As much as I want it to snow, and as much as I like to plow, this is just not a convenient time.
    Day before or the day after would be fine, or even on New Years.
    I started this thread in hopes to jinx the snow gods, or atleast postpone this event thats going to happen Chrstmas Day. The bottom line here is, if it snows, I plow. The wife is thrilled!!

A Happy & Safe Holiday to All and your Families!!

Bring it on Mother Nature

Don't hold back old man winter

(There, that should do it)

Merry Christmas!!!

Mark:drinkup: :cool:
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

If it snows it biz as usual. Just paid a lot more per hour, and a day off during the week.

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

after the past few years being pretty pathetic as far as snow goes for us in S.E. PA, ill take what i can get when i can get it. wont be plowing x-mas eve due to family events, but wouldnt mind a little plowing on x-mas day. wouldnt go out until afternoon anyway and then plow all night to have everything opened up first thing thursday morning.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2002
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

The only good thing is that most of our accounts are closed but we would still have to do about 1/3 of them, and that would still suck, but hey we will deal with it, going to be tough getting the guys out on Christmas day probably only be 1/2 a crew but would be able to get it done and then do the rest on Christmas night so they would be all ready for the next day. Never had to plow on christmas day, had to salt a few times, and had to plow a few times on New Years. Really dont want to miss my daughter opening her presents but she would understand. OH well nothing you can do about when it snows. Just my two cents
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

x-mas presents

Just think with any luck one year you can watch her open the door on her x-mas present and have her out there with you when it snow's. Lot's of familys up here have everyone in a vehicle or with a snowblower helping out. Then they take off other day's together if the holiday is a WHITE-OUT ( WHITE=GREEN) your right on

My niece keeps asking to come to the shop and help....Ok with her mom it gets her out of the house and gives her some free time. I'm thinking she'll do a good job filling parts orders and helping answer question in a couple more years.

Her dad's already taught her what tools to use to fix her Barbie jeep and other Electric toys. Had to buy her her own tools and tool box this year. Now she want's a plow for the front of her pick-up...............Trying to find a 2' Blizzard plow for her.

Hope everyone has a good holiday and is blessed with friends, family and snow

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It has been three weeks since the lsat event, so its time to get going again. The snow business is a fical mistress, but you have to make hay while the sun shines, or something like that.
  8. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Yea sure would be nice to have a white christmas. It keeps saying that we are susposed to have a wintry mix with all sorts of crap so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens but lets hope for the best and thats 6 inches of powder!:D
  9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Snow for Christmas will really screw up my plans, we have company for dinner and I cook. I'll do the plowing, but at my schedule. I'll take a couple hours here and there to meet my family obligations, then serve the customers. These modern phones that you can turn off the ringers are pretty handy sometimes...
  10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Bring it on!! spent way to much on this day all reddy:)
  11. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

If it must come Christmas Day the good news for me and my crew is that the college kids left for Christmas Break last Thursday so the campus is empty till the middle of January so at the most I would have to go in and just open up the main roads and some of the major sidewalks so Public Safety can get around. Other than that the rest can wait till Thursday or Friday. I can always break out the loader and the backhoe if we get hammered so I won't bother trying to keep up with the storm with the trucks on the big lots cause noone needs to use them till they get back so I have plenty of time to clear them.
  12. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Jerre

How bout that not a bad idea! Let's say a 2-45 A blizzard thats 2' that expands to 4'6" then I can put it on my 4 wheeler for my 15 yr old son to do sidewalks with. Hope it snows but as long as I can have until 4pm to do the family thing. I have to be home Christmas morning it's my daughter's first Christmas!
  13. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Ok, went out & picked up 20 bags of salt today. Think I'll just keep 10 or so on the truck. Load the blower & shovels. Have to check the forecast. I may have to go out & hook up the plow. That should do it. Worked all last winter

14. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I wouldn't mind going out christmas afternoon, after lunch and stuff but i don't realy want to be out all night christams eve and morning. A few hours chistmas eve wouldn't be too bad though. I guess we'll see what happens, we realy do need some more snow. Yesturday they said rian/snow then wintery mix now snow. Who wants to bet we get all rain?
  15. wyldman

wyldman Member

We'll take it,sitting here waitng for snow for a while now.
  16. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Bring it on. From what I've heard so far they're talking Wednesday afternoon into the night. Plenty of time to open presents...eat, say hello to all the family and then get the heck out of there. I'm only going to have about 3/4 of the crew, two guys on vacation and a couple more questionable as to if they'll be in town on Christmas. It'll be a long night but I'll live and they guys that stick it out all inght with me will have a Merry Christmas when they get paid on Friday!!

I've never seen snow on Crhristmas before, this wil be something new.
  17. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

For northern New jersey their saying just snow, it used to be a wintry mix but ow its looking good so far. I won't have to go out right away. I'll wait....we usually open presents int he morning have dinner about 4 and then go tto families house around 7 so i should have plenty of time to get some work done. Good luck and Happy Holidays everyone.
  18. Tim C

Tim C Member

Snow Christmas day

Just hurd the forecast and went on my web site and they still wount know till late mon.or tue. morn. all they say is snow and plowable for mid afternoon Christmas day.

LET IT SNOW Tim C :drinkup: :waving:
  19. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Its going to be a long night I bet well i hope we all get to plow!
  20. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well i don`t know what you guys are talking about in connecticut.going to be rain boys northwest hills are getting the snow so if your in hartford and to the left lol lol you should have a white christmas.as for myself living down by the shore looks like i`ll be home for christmas going over how much money i need to borrow from friends to keep things runing here.perfect time to ask family members for some extra cash lol.well im still hopeful that will get tons of snow down by the shore,but its wishful thinking i guess.