1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NOREASTER to hit Canadian Maritimes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bolts Indus., Feb 18, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Beginning tonight thru. tomorrow night:
    up to 22 inches of snow:
    60 mile per hour winds:
    Blizzard conditions:

Gonna be busy. It's about time. This is the first storm of the season. Need the
    payup :yow!:
  2. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

The storm that never really hit CT.....sounds like it is gonna really whind up on its way out...good luck:D
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Looks like spring here,,,59 by Friday. Most crews have started working on mulch beds and such...

But you guys be safe out there!!!!!....Chuck
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

well were sol today
  5. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Well, there's already 20 inches on the ground here with a further 6 or so to come. They've declared a state of emergency province wide. Plows just went back on the roads. It's nuts guys, wish us luck.
  6. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Luck,,, And be sure when your done with it all you push it down into Michigan so we can remeber what it's like... :D We have had some OK events, but nothing to write about...
  7. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I have been watching the news coverage and you guys are getting hammered. Take it easy out there and be safe, nobody needs to get anywhere so they can wait to get cleared out. We escaped it here in Fredericton, less than 1" on the ground.
  8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

It's pushin' 40 something here today, I'm starting to get jealous all over again :cry: :dizzy: :cry:
  9. renegade

renegade Junior Member

Don't expect to hear from you for awhile. You have your hands full with 32", (80cm) so far. If you need a hand, let me know...I still haven't had a chance to try any accumulations worthy of that 810 you sold me. It's a 4 hour drive to get there, but I love a challenge!

Good Luck!
  10. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Man why can't I get me some of that white stuff...
  11. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

hey guys, i live in moncton, New Brunswick. we got about 66cm of snow.:D
  12. Bolts Indus.

We got 95 cm.=36 inches and drifting in high winds. State of emergency has been declared . It,s a circus here. Just got back from 24 hr push. one nap in there. Gotta sleep now and go back out. Not even half done.

Renegade the 810 performed great. If you had of let me know I could have got you work. Every one is crying for bigger rigs.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2004
  13. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I hear ya. Ive been flagged down by more people then I can count and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. Have guys willing to pay $100.00/hr for the Bobcat. Good luck finding a backhoe or loader. Finally making some coin, gotta love it!
  14. Bolts Indus.

The rear mount pull plow saved the day. All the plowers were stopping my son to ask where he got it. Looks good for next years sales. Couldn't do the drives without it including mine with my one ton Blizzard 810. Can't get into them to get started. It definitely passed this field test and will personally recommend one to anybody. That truck and plow may be for hire today if you know anybody that needs help. They will never regret getting one. Well good luck to ya and don't stay out too long without sleep.l:help: :)

Yes, talk about the idiots and fools out there during this storm. There will be lots of story's from this.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  15. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Bolts Glad to hear it's working for you. Could have used it myself. I'll keep my ears open for ya. How's Downsview Mall looking? That was one crazy amount of snow. Got about 7 hrs sleep in the last 3 days, not too bad. Take 'er easy.