1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

noreaster for this weekend???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by General Grounds, Nov 13, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:eek: a couple of local news channels hear are saying we could have a pretty strong storm sunday into monday with sunday's lows in the upper 20's. 1 channel says we could have a few inches of slush and ice. did'nt even start my leave clean-ups yet, tony

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

General Grounds, where are you located? All I've seen around here is for the weekend to be in the 40's. Maybe some rain.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Im gettin pumped (but not too pumped because a week ago they predicted some snow around here and it didnt happen) I want a Nor Easter before Thanksgiving. I know that if we get a blitzer before Thanksgiving its a great sign for us to have a rough winter.

Jay

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I saw that report and was semi paying attention to it and I believe that report was for areas of Pennsylvannia and the Catskills of New York.

5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

please i don`t want snow yet.my new plows haven`t shipped yet

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Mike what ya gettin and where are u located maybe i can stop by and check your trucks out????

Jay

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

you wanna be my friend cause i have more than one plow?? lol lol
    western 7.5 pro, hiniker 8 C plow,western heavy weight.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

NO SNOW YET! as much as i like it, i have wayyy tooo many leaf cleanups to do. i dont want to be doing them during the january thaw.

9. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

saying rain

Saying rain in Ma

10. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i knew in my heart it was going to be rain lol lol lol

11. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I heard something about a Cold front out of Canada and a Low coming up the coast this weekend but it seemed more like wishful thinking on the behalf of the local meteoroligist then an accurate forecast. Basicly we'll all find out Monday.

Oh well I'll still do the same things I do every time some meteoroligist says theres a chance of snow and I'll probably end up watching football with plows hung, salters hooked up and employees on call wondering if I've been drinking because it's raining outside or doing nothing.

But hey...we're profesionals and this is what we get paid to do!! it's always better to be over prepared then caught by surprise.
    Casey

12. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

As much as i like snow, i hope we dont get any for until least sometime in December, the leaves are taking forever to fall and we have been getting rain every other day so we are behind with fall cleanups, would really suck to lose all that income and it is no fun to do fall cleanups after a snow, so we hope to get the leaves done first then it can snow all winter, 3" at a time twice a week. Just my two cents

13. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Looks like mostly rain bur overnight temps should go well below freezing for me. I got one spreader already on (truck fully set up Nov. 1) and I can mount another if needed. We will be ready to handle any icing if necessary. Of course being prepared probably gurantees nothing will happen.

14. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

hope so lol lol

15. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Hey SLC1 - I'm with you 100% on your reply. We're getting killed with the rain delays and now more and more new customers are calling for cleanup prices. At this rate we'll be blowing leaves around the Xmas lawn ornaments. And two 3" storms a week would be just perfect.

16. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

I'll take two of those 3" storms a week in-between the hours of 9-5 would be great:D
    Also i'll take a 7" storm of the nice fluffy stuff (not wet) 5 times
    Thanks;)

17. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Is this Snow central drive thru - I'll take 2" of fluffy snow, twice a week; with a couple light snow squalls in between.

Thanks CGB

18. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I have now herd 1'' 0f snow, sleet and ice to 2to5'' of snow. Looks like I might have to take the leaf box off and put the spreader on. When its all done and turns to rain put leaf box back on. Leaf cleanig sucks this year. First week of cleaning and it has rained 3days and know this.

19. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it's snowing right now, and has ben all day here:D :drinkup:

~Nate~

20. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

It's snowing here right now. Around 1" on grassy area. A second storm is supposed to come in tonight bringing freezing rain and sleet into Sunday morning then change to rain. It looks like it would be a mess.

Then snow showers from Monday through at least Thursday, the weathermen said. :rolleyes: