1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noreasta comin to Boston

Discussion in 'Weather' started by atvriderinmass, Dec 16, 2010.

1. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

Finally a storm coming. They are saying at least a foot north of Boston! Woohooo my snow dance worked! :) Pics will be here soon! Happy Happy! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

We will see what happens, we still have 46 degree ocean temp, myself being on the coast, I have a feeling it will at least be a nice heavy wet snow.

Either way, good luck!

3. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Hopefully this storms continues on track over the next 48 hours. If so we should be looking at a good amount of snow falling through most of New England.

Good luck.

4. atvriderinmass

Ya they are saying heavy wet snow which i don't like but i'll take it that's for sure!

5. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow, but not to start before the Pats game. Snow god's if you listening, please let it start snowing no earlier than 9:00pm Sunday, I have a football game to watch!

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Is this possibly the same system that might come through here saturday night? The news here keeps saying storm, but they won't say anything worth a $**t as to any specifics. I hope it is and we get at least a solid 3 inches. That will keep me busy all day on Sunday.
    Weather forecasting here is more of a vague guess and then wait and see. They leave a lot of room for error. We got an inch this morning until it rained and now it's turning to ice. If it was all snow, I wouldn't be home typing this.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  7. T.French

T.French Member

When is it gona hit Boston?My daughter is there TSA training.Suppose to be flying home Sat.

8. atvriderinmass

Yes i believe it's the same storm. I hope we both get it!

9. atvriderinmass

It's suppose to hit Boston Sunday night sometime.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Plowing banks and office park parking lots on a Sunday would be wicked pissa' !!

There wouldn't be a parked car in sight.

11. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

im BEYOND ready vpayuppayup

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hopefully you actually get some. Per our weather guys, we're supposed to have 2ft on the ground by now,lol I bet there is maybe 4 inches and half of that is blown away.

13. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I hope it stays in Boston area.....

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I don't remember where exactly Granville is in Mass, but channel 5 says Worcester to the Berkshires will likely see a foot.

15. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm an hour west of Worcester, foothills to the Berkshires. Hope they are wrong. Channel 7 + 22 both are talking like the storm will stay east of Worcester. I had better keep a closer ear to the reports.

16. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

im officially excited. I just need to keep busy these next to days to get my mind off sunday. Im not sure about you guys but the days before a big storm seem like they will never end.

17. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Especially the first storm of the season. And the first storm since you've rebuilt the sander, built wings for the plow, got a lightbar, doubled the number of accounts.....etc.

18. JPK Excavating

JPK Excavating Junior Member

Still waiting for some snow down in ct. 3 inches would be perfect enough to hit everything once including the gravel...

19. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I wish i could just sleep until Sunday LOL

20. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

my worst fear at the moment is waking up tommorow morning and hearing the weatherman saying that its going to miss us. :realmad: