1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nor' Easter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

So far looks like possibility of a nor' easter on sunday into monday here on the east coast.

John, I told you it looked like something interesting sunday into monday!

I'm all set!

~Chuck

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

From your key pad to Gods ears.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Let's hope he's listening, & that Chuck's been on his best behavior ;)

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Watching whether channel and they siad the jet stream is going to be lower this winter which will let Canada's cold fronts to come down further making more storms ans accumalations. We live in Maine so it will affect us.

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i will watch he weather to me nor easter means gobs of money and long hours all that snowplowing is about

akron ohio

6. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen Junior Member

Sounds like you boys have a case of white fever. I have 5 inches in my back yard.Come over to Idaho and try out your new snow toys.

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The forecast I heard this am, NJ DE MD and south all rain, NYC CT and the Cape nothing but sunshine, maybe snow further north, western NY will see 3-5 FEET of snow between now and next Tuesday.

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Sorry Chuck, it probably ain't happenin' :(
    Although, let's hope the MRF medium range model starts predicting snow storms like it did during our last good snow year for our area.

<<...No Early Week Snowstorm Next Week [11/16 10PM EST]...

The models have continued to converge today (Thursday). Quite interestingly, they have converged on the old MRF solution. This is most intriguing because when the MRF is alone in its forecast, as it was a few days ago, it is typically grossly in error. I have often thought that the MRF has been overly criticized based on a few highly noteworthy failures. For example, in 1995-96 it was stellar, far and away the best of all of the medium-range models. However, it totally failed in its forecast for the massive storm that season. To this day, it is that failure that most forecasters seem to remember... forgetting its near perfection even 10 days in advance through most of the season! I'm not saying the MRF will do a wondrous job this season, but it is interesting that 95-96 was the last truly snowy season, as this winter is expected to be, and the MRF appears to be off on the right note this year! Be mindful that the apparent non-event is scheduled for Sun/Mon (the weak low heading well offshore), so there is still time for the situation to change again. So, I'm not declaring the MRF the victor yet, but it does appear on track to come out on top.>>

He goes on to talk a little about the lake effect machine for this weekend.