1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noobie needs some info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by higgs2ca, Nov 21, 2007.

1. higgs2ca

higgs2ca Member

I was just wondering when to start salting, We are getting a ton of rain right now and the temp is dropping tonight.They are calling for snow tomorrow but the ground is not frozen yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Does any of your accounts have "No Tolerance" clauses. The residential I would let them know before you pre salt it will shock them when the bill comes.If you can pre salt anytime you can.To answer your question is however long it takes to run your route before the snow starts flying.:waving:

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I am by no means an expert but i can tell you we live in toronto and i will be going out around 1/2 am to begin salting our commercial properties just in case.tymusic

4. higgs2ca

higgs2ca Member

they are paying for the salt and me by the hour, so it is up to my discession.

5. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Then go for it if your trying to hit all your accounts first then how ever long that takes. Then back to the shop to load up after plowing.

6. higgs2ca

higgs2ca Member

thanks for all your help.