1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noob with A ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by antsrcool, Mar 5, 2013.

1. antsrcool

antsrcool Junior Member
    from 01118

Just bought a 2005 Suburban 1500 Z71. I want to put a 8 foot plow on it. Can i? If so what brand? Having a hard time finding a listing or a dealer that will install one. I want to plow commercial so I cant put one of those LD plows on.

2. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Blizzard makes a 8 foot medium duty plow

Snoway makes a 8 ft plow for that vehicle also, 26R 8 foot with hydraulically controlled end wings.

4. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

How are those 26Rs fending this season ? Are they too light duty to be put on a 3/4 or 1 ton ?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes they are designed for 1/2 ton trucks and are a little light for 3/4 ton that's why there is a 29R (8'10") and 1 tons get the revo2 (10')

6. antsrcool

antsrcool Junior Member
    from 01118

snoway looks to light for me. Can I mount an 8 foot meyer on this thing? I used to have an 8 foot on my 2000 z71 silverado way back when. Dont see why with some helpers up front that wont work

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can bolt whatever you want on there, the manufacturer's guides are really meaningless:rolleyes:

8. antsrcool

antsrcool Junior Member
    from 01118

ok well does anyone know the PN for mounting plates for a meyer setup? MM2? Or a Fisher setup? I dont think ill be able to find push plates to mount on this off of a fisher though.

9. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Pickup sit with a higher ground clearance then a Suburban.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

8' is a lot of plow for the front of a 1500 Suburban.... I'd be looking at the Fisher HTS 7.5' if I were in your shoes...