1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

noob question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 88plowcharger, Jan 18, 2008.

1. 88plowcharger

88plowcharger Junior Member
    from NH

hello all i hope i can get this figured out with the help of all of you... just before winter we picked up an 88 ramcharger to plow a small private drive, it has a meyers e-47 pump on it, with two switches...one for up and drop...the other for left and right, which were back wards meaning left was right and right was left..i know i need two switch the cylinders, we had the pump rebuilt before winter ensuring all would be well, the truck and plow has worked great till last monday, just before finishing up i went to turn the plow right so i moved the stick left it started to go then stopped so i then moved the stick right and it was moving just fine so i tried left again and the plow went left (so either way i moved the stick it went left) and now its stuck angled left and ive done a series of tests the local shop said to do and nothing...im lost any help?

thanks ahead of time
  2. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

I don't know how to make it start working again, but woiuldn't it be easier to swap the wires on the switch instead of swapping the cylinders around?
  3. 88plowcharger

from NH

it would totally be easier, if the connections at the swtich were not on one harness which connects both switches :(
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

pull the truck into a heated building and let it sit overnight. ive had that happen before and it was the solenoid was froze.
  5. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Had that happen to a truck I used to plow with also. Let it sit and unfreeze.
  6. 88plowcharger

from NH

i sure will try, thanks for the replies!! if anyone else has more imput please chime in!!
  7. gump

gump Member

My buddy had a plow do the same thing, just need do get it in a warm shop.